Bobsprit

Default Wind Speed Meter

Looking at the merits of a handheld wind speed meter, such as the Davis or
Kestrel models.
Anyone have one of these and find it useful?

RB
Pony Express

Nice if you're RC for a Portsmouth race using a
power boat as the CB. Otherwise, no need.
--
----
Steve

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
: Looking at the merits of a handheld wind speed
meter, such as the Davis or
: Kestrel models.
: Anyone have one of these and find it useful?
:
:
: RB

N1EE

I found one very useful. After a while it helped
me get better at estimating wind.

The problem with them is in high winds, they burn
out the bearing and give low reading. If you get
one, don't use it constantly in high winds.

Bart Senior

(Bobsprit) wrote