BoatBanter.com

-   -   Wind Speed Meter (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/18449-wind-speed-meter.html)

Bobsprit November 19th 03 08:45 PM

Wind Speed Meter

Looking at the merits of a handheld wind speed meter, such as the Davis or
Kestrel models.
Anyone have one of these and find it useful?

RB

Pony Express November 19th 03 09:04 PM

Wind Speed Meter

Nice if you're RC for a Portsmouth race using a
power boat as the CB. Otherwise, no need.
--
----
Steve

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
: Looking at the merits of a handheld wind speed
meter, such as the Davis or
: Kestrel models.
: Anyone have one of these and find it useful?
:
:
: RB

Jonathan Ganz November 19th 03 09:44 PM

Wind Speed Meter

It's a fun toy. I have one of the low-end Kestrels I believe.
Haven't pulled it out in quite a while, so I could be wrong.

link.net...

Simple Simon November 19th 03 11:08 PM

Wind Speed Meter

Put a real wind speed instrument at the masthead
and loose all the silly toys.

S.Simon

N1EE November 20th 03 04:10 AM

Wind Speed Meter

I found one very useful. After a while it helped
me get better at estimating wind.

The problem with them is in high winds, they burn
out the bearing and give low reading. If you get
one, don't use it constantly in high winds.

Bart Senior

(Bobsprit) wrote