posted to rec.boats.electronics,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising,sci.geo.satellite-nav

Default May a "landlubber" comment? - was[ Help create better charts]

On 27 June, 20:29, Richard Owlett wrote:
are tides accounted for? ????????????????
Is there a sanity check ANYwhere in this debate?

We are just implementing the sea level corrections. Here we use a
combination of actual sea level heights from gauges around the coast,
and tidal models (tide stations for close in to the coast, and a
gridded model further offshore).
If you are asking about a sanity check in our project, as opposed to
some of the usual usenet comments, we are doing a lot of work in error
modelling so that we not only understand but have also quantified all
possible errors to the data that is logged and produced.
Tim