BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   May a "landlubber" comment? - was[ Help create better charts] (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/117098-re-may-landlubber-comment-%5Bre-help-create-better-charts%5D.html)

Tim Thornton August 9th 10 01:54 PM

May a "landlubber" comment? - was[ Help create better charts]

On 27 June, 20:29, Richard Owlett wrote:
are tides accounted for? ????????????????
Is there a sanity check ANYwhere in this debate?

We are just implementing the sea level corrections. Here we use a
combination of actual sea level heights from gauges around the coast,
and tidal models (tide stations for close in to the coast, and a
gridded model further offshore).
If you are asking about a sanity check in our project, as opposed to
some of the usual usenet comments, we are doing a lot of work in error
modelling so that we not only understand but have also quantified all
possible errors to the data that is logged and produced.
Tim