Lyndon Nerenberg

Default Status of Apelco Gear?

Is Raytheon still making Apelco branded gear? I have a Fishfinder
460, and the display is cracked to the point where it no longer
displays anything. I'm not having any luck tracking down a replacement
display or control head.

Assuming I can't find a replacement, is it possible to use the
existing transducer and speed log with someone elses controller? I
would really hate to have to dig the existing transducer pod out
of my fibreglass hull, just to put a new one in. I've heard rumour
that the transducers tend to share a common electrical interface,
but I can't find any spec's online that would confirm this. Is there
any hope?

--lyndon
Doug Dotson

Raytheon isn't even making Raytheon gear anymore. Ray Marine
is now making it. I suspect that Apelco came with the deal. Why
don't you call them to get an answer?

Doug
s/v Callista

"Lyndon Nerenberg" wrote in message

Is Raytheon still making Apelco branded gear? I have a Fishfinder
460, and the display is cracked to the point where it no longer
displays anything. I'm not having any luck tracking down a replacement
display or control head.

Assuming I can't find a replacement, is it possible to use the
existing transducer and speed log with someone elses controller? I
would really hate to have to dig the existing transducer pod out
of my fibreglass hull, just to put a new one in. I've heard rumour
that the transducers tend to share a common electrical interface,
but I can't find any spec's online that would confirm this. Is there
any hope?

--lyndon

Lyndon Nerenberg

"Doug Dotson" writes:

Raytheon isn't even making Raytheon gear anymore. Ray Marine
is now making it. I suspect that Apelco came with the deal. Why
don't you call them to get an answer?

Because I had no idea if Apelco even existed any more. Thanks for
the tip -- I'll give it a shot.

--lyndon
Doug

Raytheon does still make equipment, they just got out of the "light marine"
market. I get service calls from cruise ships, with Raytheon Pathfinder high
seas radars. Not at all the same stuff Raymarine markets for the light
marine market under their Pathfinder series.
Doug K7ABX
"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
[...]

Propeller rotation - important? Anders Lassen General 21 June 9th 04 10:37 AM
Standard 80W90 gear oil vs. Marine grade gear oil ????? D.B. General 2 April 25th 04 04:12 AM
SternDrive Gear ratios General 5 October 4th 03 12:35 AM
Need ring gear or specs for 1995 PCM 5.8 Pro Boss [email protected] General 6 July 10th 03 07:18 AM