Doug Dotson

Default Status of Apelco Gear?

Raytheon isn't even making Raytheon gear anymore. Ray Marine
is now making it. I suspect that Apelco came with the deal. Why
don't you call them to get an answer?

Doug
s/v Callista

"Lyndon Nerenberg" wrote in message

Is Raytheon still making Apelco branded gear? I have a Fishfinder
460, and the display is cracked to the point where it no longer
displays anything. I'm not having any luck tracking down a replacement
display or control head.

Assuming I can't find a replacement, is it possible to use the
existing transducer and speed log with someone elses controller? I
would really hate to have to dig the existing transducer pod out
of my fibreglass hull, just to put a new one in. I've heard rumour
that the transducers tend to share a common electrical interface,
but I can't find any spec's online that would confirm this. Is there
any hope?

--lyndon