Larry W4CSC

Default wrapping ssb antenna on kevlar backstay

I looked up the Kevlar website at:
http://www.dupont.com/kevlar/whatiskevlar.html

One interesting thing it says is:

"Low Electrical Conductivity"

What's interesting is what it DOESN'T say...NO electrical conductivity.

Food cooking in my microwave oven has "low electrical conductivity", too,
as it converts microwaves into heat.

Most interesting topic. Dupont doesn't mention anything else as they try
to sell the stuff.

Larry
Glenn Ashmore

Actually, Kevlar and similar arimids have a dielectric constant range of
3.5 to 4.5 compared to plexiglass at 2.6 to 3.5.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Larry W4CSC

Glenn Ashmore wrote in

Actually, Kevlar and similar arimids have a dielectric constant range
of 3.5 to 4.5 compared to plexiglass at 2.6 to 3.5.

Then wrapping it should work just great.....