Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
ian whitcombe

Default Lowrance - X-85 depth finder malfuntioning - HELP !

Dear all,

I've just installed a Lowrance X-85 onto my boat and on testing it
found that initially it showed the depth at 0.0 and flashed this until
some time into the journey where it read correctly for 10 seconds or
more and then flashed the last reading for some time, then worked
again, then flashed, etc. This went on all day.

I mounted the transducer just below the water line on the transom
pointing straight astern. The cable was routed well away from any
other cabling at all as it ran down the other side of the boat to the
main electrics.

Does anyone have any idea where I'm going wrong ?

many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Cheeseboy.

Eagle Depth Finder Transducer Problems Fred Reyes General 5 June 23rd 04 11:49 PM
Humminbird 300TX fish finder, depth finder Opinion survey please. Joe Boater Electronics 1 December 31st 03 07:52 PM
Depth finder J K General 0 December 6th 03 04:40 PM
Replacing Lowrance depth finder butch burton General 5 October 16th 03 09:59 AM
Depth Finder - Two questions Gary Warner Boat Building 3 July 8th 03 12:01 AM