Rich Pierro

Default Lowrance - X-85 depth finder malfuntioning - HELP !

The way you describe the mounting seems wrong, the line that runs
horizontally along the transducer (the seem) should be even with the bottom
of the hull (not the water line) and level when the boat is in the water.
Perhaps you mounted it too high and when you go to the front of the boat or
when you move it comes out of the water occasionally. That would give you
the reading that you're describing.

Rich P

"ian whitcombe" wrote in message
om...
Dear all,

I've just installed a Lowrance X-85 onto my boat and on testing it
found that initially it showed the depth at 0.0 and flashed this until
some time into the journey where it read correctly for 10 seconds or
more and then flashed the last reading for some time, then worked
again, then flashed, etc. This went on all day.

I mounted the transducer just below the water line on the transom
pointing straight astern. The cable was routed well away from any
other cabling at all as it ran down the other side of the boat to the
main electrics.

Does anyone have any idea where I'm going wrong ?

many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Cheeseboy.