Richard

Default Maptech Offshore Navigator

This is what is currently posted on their website and the NG agrees with it.
Where exactly did you see something different?

Special Notice Regarding BSB 4.0 Chart Support
Due to circumstances beyond our control, Maptech has again changed the
format of their BSB charts and as such, Nobeltec software does not support
the new BSB 4.0 format. Supporting this new format requires us to make
significant changes to our software. Due to this fact, we have made the
decision to not add chart support for the BSB 4.0 format and will continue
with other engineering efforts that add greater value for our customers.

In order to help make it easier to update your charts, Nobeltec is now
offering a special Raster Buy Back program. From November 1, 2003 through
March 31, 2004, Nobeltec will buy back Maptech raster chart CD's when you
purchase the equivalent Passport World Chart or Passport Deluxe region*. The
Raster Buy Back plan is an option for new and existing customers of Nobeltec
products. For full details or to print out the Raster Buy Back form, please
click on the link below.

envision

This is what is currently posted on their website and the NG agrees with
it.
Where exactly did you see something different?

Sigh...

Well of course they're saying that right now. They're trying to scare you
into turning in your BSB charts to get locked into their Russian crap. Have
you called them? Have you asked?

You'll see...in a couple of months, they will quietly start supporting the
new version of BSB. I know people working on it...

Danny

I was in their offices yesterday, picking up a software order. It's really
true, Nobeltec does not have ANY plans to support the new Maptech or NDI
charts. (BTW: The Passport charts haven't been Transas data
(English/Russian) for a couple years now. They make them in-house now.) The
cartography department is currently working on region P3 and Europe right
now. I'm not sure where you are getting your info but it's easy for you and
anyone here to confirm by calling directly instead of guessing and
speculating . Call Nobeltec sales @ (503) 579-1414 and ask for Monica, Mark
or Shep and they'll give you the latest info.
Best regards,
Dan

"envision" wrote in message
This is what is currently posted on their website and the NG agrees with

it.
Where exactly did you see something different?

Sigh...

Well of course they're saying that right now. They're trying to scare you
into turning in your BSB charts to get locked into their Russian crap.

Have
you called them? Have you asked?

You'll see...in a couple of months, they will quietly start supporting the
new version of BSB. I know people working on it...

Danny

Passport charts are proprietary and only work inside Nobeltec's software.
The other vector chart option is found C-Map chips. Again, they have a very
limited list of companion software pkgs. With extra gear and a bit of
hassle, they run on Raymarine's Raytech Navigator.
I like the Softchart rasters more and more, which do still run on VNS and
most other software.
Dan

et...

"envision" wrote in message
This is what is currently posted on their website and the NG agrees

with
it.
Where exactly did you see something different?

Sigh...

Well of course they're saying that right now. They're trying to scare

you
into turning in your BSB charts to get locked into their Russian crap.

Have
you called them? Have you asked?

You'll see...in a couple of months, they will quietly start supporting

the
new version of BSB. I know people working on it...

envision

I was in their offices yesterday, picking up a software order. It's really
true...

Well of course Danny boy is going to say that...he works for Softcharts, or
is it Pinpoint? Perhaps Cap'n? Captain Jacks? You're all the same.

BTW: The Passport charts haven't been Transas data
(English/Russian) for a couple years now. They make them in-house now...

Umm, no. Nobeltec, or is it Jeppesen, or is it Boeing (?) might be paying
the Russians but they're doing the work. And no, I doubt that a nice
American company like Boeing is going to admit that they are outsourcing
technology development to Russia...especially in an election year.

Watch the money trails and you'll see.

Anyway Danny boy...time will tell soon enough. BSB 4.0 is a done deal.

Next?

Jim Besse

Not quite true, VNS Version 7.0 will support Maptech raster charts at
Version 3.0 and before. It doesn't support the latest Version 4.0
charts.

Jim

"Danny" wrote in message
Sadly, Nobeltec's VNS does not run them in it's latest version, 7.0.

"Michael Holz" wrote in message
Hi!
Which program(s) will run Maptech Navigator charts?

every program which read - bsb - charts

cu Michael

envision

Not quite true, VNS Version 7.0 will support Maptech raster charts at
Version 3.0 and before. It doesn't support the latest Version 4.0
charts.

Today, true. Tomorrow, nope. You'll see...

Michael Holz

Hi!
"Jim Besse" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Not quite true, VNS Version 7.0 will support Maptech raster charts at
Version 3.0 and before. It doesn't support the latest Version 4.0
charts.

did you read

????

cu

Maptech digital charts Ray D Cruising 52 January 13th 15 09:12 PM
Offshore Sailing Advice [email protected] Cruising 27 May 29th 04 12:41 AM
Catalina 380 / 387 for Offshore / live aboard David Edney Cruising 4 April 11th 04 10:14 PM