luv2bafield

Default Humminbird Tri Beam should I buy?

My local Walmart has a display for the Humminbird Tri-Beam 400TX for
$50 and a 300TX for $25. Apparently these are the display case items
and whoever put them in the display case through away the box with the
rest of the stuff, including the transducer. DUH! Anyway, what would
I need to buy in order to use one of these units with a trolling motor
mounted transducer?

This would be for a little 9 foot Pond Prowler (I know, a little
overkill, but if the price is right). Is it worth buying the
remaining parts for one of these units if I can get the display so
cheaply?

I have never owned one of these, so I don't know what else was in the
box.

Thanks.

Keith
Short Wave Sportfishing

This is something that Wally's Market does all the time. They have no
sense of what it's worth sans transducer. They have a formula for
that kind of thing that all the stores use regardless of location. I
had my eye on a Mosquito fly reel that was totally overpriced for
THREE years. I finally picked it up for eleven dollars. ;)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"My rod and my reel - they comfort me."

St. Pete, 12 Lb. Test

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 04:52:49 GMT, JimL
wrote:

I suggest getting friendly with an employee in that department to
see if they would be soooo kind as to look for the transducer and
anything else that came with it. It's probably there somewhere,
they just haven't bothered looking.

-JimL

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 8 Jan 2004 06:15:55 -0800, (luv2bafield)
wrote:

My local Walmart has a display for the Humminbird Tri-Beam 400TX for
$50 and a 300TX for $25. Apparently these are the display case items
and whoever put them in the display case through away the box with the
rest of the stuff, including the transducer. DUH! Anyway, what would
I need to buy in order to use one of these units with a trolling motor
mounted transducer?

This would be for a little 9 foot Pond Prowler (I know, a little
overkill, but if the price is right). Is it worth buying the
remaining parts for one of these units if I can get the display so
cheaply?

I have never owned one of these, so I don't know what else was in the
box.

The 400TX is about $149 (new) or thereabouts - the trolling motor
transducer is around $60 to $70 dollars - you do the math. ;)

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet....SearchResults

Your aren't saving much over buying the unit new out of the box.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"My rod and my reel - they comfort me."

St. Pete, 12 Lb. Test

luv2bafield

wrote:

The 400TX is about $149 (new) or thereabouts - the trolling motor
transducer is around $60 to $70 dollars - you do the math. ;)

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet....SearchResults

Your aren't saving much over buying the unit new out of the box.

Later,

Tom

Thanks, I just found that out myself when I was at BSP the other day. I
figured at $50 for the display it would run me about $130 for the whole set
up. With a new one in the box at $150, I bought an Eagle Fishmark 320
instead

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 05:45:04 GMT, "luv2bafield"

.. .
wrote:

The 400TX is about $149 (new) or thereabouts - the trolling motor
transducer is around $60 to $70 dollars - you do the math. ;)

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet....SearchResults

Your aren't saving much over buying the unit new out of the box.

Later,

Tom

Thanks, I just found that out myself when I was at BSP the other day. I
figured at $50 for the display it would run me about $130 for the whole set
up. With a new one in the box at $150, I bought an Eagle Fishmark 320
instead

That's a nice unit - one of the guys at my marina has one of those on
a Trophy. Does a nice job marking fish.

I'm still thinking about changing the X85 on my Ranger to something
like the Garmin 320C - I'll take a look at the shows coming up and see
what I like.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT