butaglo

Default Humminbird NP 25 Cmap chip upgrade problem

Problem is that I upgraded my Cmap for larger area and now it will not work
on my GPS Humminbird NP25.
It works on a friends Navman 5500i strangely and is ok when checked by the
supplier.
His older equivalent chip works on my Humminbird but not my equivalent but
newer Cmap which is meant to be
identical.

Any body aware of why this should happen ???

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:27:16 +0800, "butaglo" wrote:

Problem is that I upgraded my Cmap for larger area and now it will not work
on my GPS Humminbird NP25.
It works on a friends Navman 5500i strangely and is ok when checked by the
supplier.
His older equivalent chip works on my Humminbird but not my equivalent but
newer Cmap which is meant to be
identical.

Any body aware of why this should happen ???

While not quite the same as you, I know somebody who had a new/old
Cmap problem and it had to do with the interface. Did the supplier
check it against a NP25 by any chance?

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"I object to fishing tournaments less for
what they do to fish than what they do to
fishermen." Ted Williams - 1964
James McQuade

"butaglo" wrote in message . au...
Problem is that I upgraded my Cmap for larger area and now it will not work
on my GPS Humminbird NP25.
It works on a friends Navman 5500i strangely and is ok when checked by the
supplier.
His older equivalent chip works on my Humminbird but not my equivalent but
newer Cmap which is meant to be
identical.

Any body aware of why this should happen ???

Some versions of the Humminbird operating software may not reconize
an NT+
C-card when it is installed in the unit. Humminbird introduced new
operating software to correct this problem. You should contact
Humminbird directly at
1.334.687.6613 to make arrangements to update your NS-25.

Jim McQuade
C-MAP/USA