Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Alan Springthorpe

Default Marine GPS repair

I have a Lowrance Globalnav310 in for repair.
The fault doesnt seem to be much of a problem but it defies me to even open
up the case. The only way in that i can figure is almost certainly going to
seiously compomise its water resistance. therefore making it virtualy
useless for the job its designed to do.
The manual downloadable from the Lowrance site was as expected an "how to
plug it in and what buttons to press thing", hence useless!
It is of course way out of guarantee and marine electronics companies are
notorious for the line "we dont support our old product lines. would you
like to buy a new one?"
has anyone any suggestions?
thanks in advance

Alan

Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Source for cheap tinned marine battery cable Genuinedealz Boat Building 0 April 21st 04 02:55 PM
Marine A/C - To repair, or not to repair? Submariner General 3 April 1st 04 05:20 AM
Marine VHF radio range? Type? Buy where? Ken Electronics 9 September 13th 03 04:52 AM
marine engine repair schools? RUTH RUSHING General 3 July 30th 03 12:19 AM