Larry W4CSC

Default Marine GPS repair

Do not be surprised if you open the box and out pops a brand new GPS
when it comes back. I sent my Lowrance fish finder in about a year
after the warranty ran out when it failed. Lowrance said it had "old
software" in it and it had leaked seawater, which it wasn't supposed
to do. They just sent me a new unit off the line and made a CUSTOMER
FOR LIFE!

Garmin did the same thing with my 725 VHF Marine walkie
talkie.....just replaced it! Amazing companies, both of them.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:12:15 -0000, "Alan Springthorpe"
wrote:

I have a Lowrance Globalnav310 in for repair.
The fault doesnt seem to be much of a problem but it defies me to even open
up the case. The only way in that i can figure is almost certainly going to
seiously compomise its water resistance. therefore making it virtualy
useless for the job its designed to do.
The manual downloadable from the Lowrance site was as expected an "how to
plug it in and what buttons to press thing", hence useless!
It is of course way out of guarantee and marine electronics companies are
notorious for the line "we dont support our old product lines. would you
like to buy a new one?"
has anyone any suggestions?
thanks in advance

Alan