Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
David Flew

Default Fish finder tranducer compatability

Hi
I'm in the midst of swapping boats. "New" one is clinker, and has an
existing through-hull transducer. No visible markings, and no plug on the
end of the cable.
I've an existing Lowrance X48 complete with transom mount transducer. I'd
prefer not to use the transom mount -it means another hole in the boat -
there are enough of those already. And I'm not going to slip the boat just
to change the transducer. I know from past experience that the signal
firing through the planking is virtually useless.
If I can find another plug for the Lowrance, can I use the existing
transducer? If it doesn't work, will I damage the Lowrance? Any way to
test for compatibility? My multimeter can measure capacitance, for what
that's worth.
David

Fishing Buddy fish finder...>> Marty S. General 8 June 11th 04 02:35 PM
Suggestions with my humminbird fish finder Habda General 4 April 20th 04 04:35 PM
row boat fish finder calhoun General 8 March 20th 04 05:41 PM
The problem with these off-topic, political threads... Joe Parsons General 99 September 10th 03 04:42 AM
Eagle Ultra Fish Finder SKK Electronics 0 July 25th 03 04:38 AM