Radiodan-W7RF

Default SGC 230 antenna tuner NEW

Brand new in box SGC 230 antenna tuner $375 plus ship
Perfect backstay antenna tuner, most popular used by boaters worldwide.
Credit cards OK
One time post, it will sell fast.

--
73, Dan Magro W7RF
HENRY RF Power Amplifiers

Larry W4CSC

How many times has it been sent back to SGC, like all their products?

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:33:33 GMT, "Radiodan-W7RF"
wrote:

Brand new in box SGC 230 antenna tuner $375 plus ship
Perfect backstay antenna tuner, most popular used by boaters worldwide.
Credit cards OK
One time post, it will sell fast.

--
73, Dan Magro W7RF
HENRY RF Power Amplifiers
BIRD power measuring, TOHTSU coaxial relays
SAMLEX power supply, RFI snap-on chokes
www.radiodan.com

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Doug Dotson

Actually, the SGC 230 tuner is pretty much bulletproof. I've had one
for 6 years+ with no failure. Bought it for $299 at the
Atlantic City Boat Show. It is a great performer.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

wrote:

Brand new in box SGC 230 antenna tuner $375 plus ship
Perfect backstay antenna tuner, most popular used by boaters worldwide.
Credit cards OK
One time post, it will sell fast.

--
73, Dan Magro W7RF
HENRY RF Power Amplifiers
BIRD power measuring, TOHTSU coaxial relays
SAMLEX power supply, RFI snap-on chokes
www.radiodan.com

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Larry W4CSC

SGC has a long reputation in the ham radio community.

SGC means Piece of Crap....

wrote:

Brand new in box SGC 230 antenna tuner $375 plus ship
Perfect backstay antenna tuner, most popular used by boaters worldwide.
Credit cards OK
One time post, it will sell fast.

--
73, Dan Magro W7RF
HENRY RF Power Amplifiers
BIRD power measuring, TOHTSU coaxial relays
SAMLEX power supply, RFI snap-on chokes
www.radiodan.com

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Leanne

SGC has a long reputation in the "Marine" radio community.

SGC means Piece of Crap....

I'll second that. It was an expensive experiment.

Leanne

sded

Finally sold my SG2000 radio after 9 1/2 years of excellent service on voice and
email (Winlink). Had to tune up the frequency once (very simple with an SGC)
but otherwise never a problem. Decided to keep the SG230 tuner, still going
strong after 10 years, with my new ICOM M802. I kept the SG230 because it works
great and is also compatible with my other SSB, an ICOM 706-II. I have
certainly heard anecdotal evidence of SGC radio problems, but don't know the
percentages--I only know 2 other SGC radio users, but they have no problems, and
all the tuner users I know seem to rarely have problems-but I only know a few
personally. Gordon West also pans the radio, loves the tuner. Seems to have
been some radio quality control problems at various times, but also lots of good
ones. Good price for the tuner; currently $419 + shipping at Farallon
Electronics. But I don't expect to need a replacement for a while. Regards;
Ed,KO6CK

wrote:

Brand new in box SGC 230 antenna tuner $375 plus ship
Perfect backstay antenna tuner, most popular used by boaters worldwide.
Credit cards OK
One time post, it will sell fast.

--
73, Dan Magro W7RF
HENRY RF Power Amplifiers
BIRD power measuring, TOHTSU coaxial relays
SAMLEX power supply, RFI snap-on chokes
www.radiodan.com

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Doug Dotson

My experience has been that for every bad report about SGC
rigs, you can find seveal folks that love them and have never had a
problem. Like anything else, the bad reports tend to be louder and
more obnoxious than those that quietly use and enjoy. A friend
has had one on board for 6+ years with constant use and absolutely
no problems. My 230 hasn't missed a beat since I bought it 6 years
ago.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

wrote:

Brand new in box SGC 230 antenna tuner $375 plus ship
Perfect backstay antenna tuner, most popular used by boaters worldwide.
Credit cards OK
One time post, it will sell fast.

--
73, Dan Magro W7RF
HENRY RF Power Amplifiers
BIRD power measuring, TOHTSU coaxial relays
SAMLEX power supply, RFI snap-on chokes
www.radiodan.com

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Captain Bob

Every Yaesu I have had had a problem. Never buy another piece of their
gear. Love Icom and the SGC 230 tuner - it will handle 160 meters very well
with backstay antenna.

Bob, AK6R
Catalina 42, Swell Dancer
Oceanside, CA