Default Shakespeare antenna repair

Thanks, but I found the problem. That pesky pl-259. I tried to re-
connect twice, then went to Radio Shack, bought a new one and very
carefully stripped and soldered, Problem solved. In the CB world I
have installed dozens of these things with no problems. We are always
learning, at least I am.
Helmer

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:35:27 -0400, "JAD"
wrote:

Helmer,
A marine electronics shop, commercial radio shop...or, even better, a local
amateur radio operator (ham) would perhaps have a antenna analyzer or proper
SWR meter for this band. Shakespeare makes a small one for private
use....but there are better instruments out there. Look for sailboats in
your marina with backstay insulators, and you are bound to find a ham on one
of them. Most would be happy to help you check your antenna.

I know of no way to take the antenna apart to repair them...perhaps someone
else can comment.

Next time, screw the antenna to the mount FIRST...then send the cable
through the maze. Don't worry...this is a common mistake. If the antenna
is NEW...you might just try to take it back!

Joe
wrote in message ...
Is it possible to inspect the coax where it connects to the antenna at
the base on a Shakespeare 5241-R antenna? Is there any other way to
check to see if the coax is still properly connected? I'm worried that
the coax might have become twisted while installing the antenna on the
mount. The radio seems to recieve OK, but the transmission is very,
very weak. 300 yards max. I have a CB SWR meter, but understand that
would not be of much help.
Thanks,
Helmer

Notes on short SSB antennas, for Larry Gary Schafer Cruising 0 April 24th 04 11:51 PM
Marine A/C - To repair, or not to repair? Submariner General 3 April 1st 04 05:20 AM
weatherfax Klaus Electronics 9 August 29th 03 02:03 AM
Icom 402 radio woes..or is it my antenna system? Rosalie B. Cruising 8 August 27th 03 07:16 AM