David

Default 12 volt power supply?

If you have a design, I would really like to see it.

I am trying to get a design for a 12 volt DC to 12 volt DC regulated power
supply. The design is to provide 12 volts DC + or - 5% output from an input
of between 8 volts and 16 volts DC.
The purpose of this is to run a computer in a sail boat. The battery voltage
in the boat may vary from 8 volts to 16 volts when it is charging.

I currently have an ATX computer power supply that runs off 12 volts DC, it
provides 3 and 5 volts nicely, but the 12 volt rail is actually the input
voltage. So, when the input is 12 volts all is well, if it goes high, well
that could be a real problem, and if it goes low, the computer will shut
down. If you can help it would be much appreciated

Jim Besse

David, I'm using an American Power Design DC-DC Converter to supply
12VDC at a LCD. Not quite as satisfying as building one but it does
work fine. What brand of 12VDC ATX power supply are you using and
where did you find it?

--
Jim

"David" wrote in message
[...]

David

Where do you get these from "American Power Design DC-DC Converter " ?
The 2 units I am toying with at this stage are
1. http://www.procase.com.tw/mainpage2003.htm available in Australia from a
local distributor http://www.pcicase.com.au/ It is inside the Cubid 2677
case.
2. http://www.traverse.com.au/products/default.asp?p=42 This company makes
their own power supply for this server.

"David" wrote in message
[...]

Glenn Ashmore

Here is an off the shelf 270W PS that I am going to use to feed a
regulated 12VDC bus in the nav station:
http://www.powerstream.com/Produz10.htm

If you really want to DIY check out
http://www.powerdesigners.com/InfoWe...converter.shtm