David

Default 12 volt power supply?

Where do you get these from "American Power Design DC-DC Converter " ?
The 2 units I am toying with at this stage are
1. http://www.procase.com.tw/mainpage2003.htm available in Australia from a
local distributor http://www.pcicase.com.au/ It is inside the Cubid 2677
case.
2. http://www.traverse.com.au/products/default.asp?p=42 This company makes
their own power supply for this server.

"Jim Besse" wrote in message
David, I'm using an American Power Design DC-DC Converter to supply
12VDC at a LCD. Not quite as satisfying as building one but it does
work fine. What brand of 12VDC ATX power supply are you using and
where did you find it?

--
Jim

"David" wrote in message
If you have a design, I would really like to see it.

I am trying to get a design for a 12 volt DC to 12 volt DC regulated

power
supply. The design is to provide 12 volts DC + or - 5% output from

an input
of between 8 volts and 16 volts DC.
The purpose of this is to run a computer in a sail boat. The battery

voltage
in the boat may vary from 8 volts to 16 volts when it is charging.

I currently have an ATX computer power supply that runs off 12 volts

DC, it
provides 3 and 5 volts nicely, but the 12 volt rail is actually the

input
voltage. So, when the input is 12 volts all is well, if it goes

high, well
that could be a real problem, and if it goes low, the computer will

shut
down. If you can help it would be much appreciated