Charlie J

Default Pump Running Indication Revisited

Thanks Larry and Meindert for your help...but being somewhat solid state
challenged, I need some more...

The "fuse resistor" threw me so I went to DigiKey and tried a search...came
up empty. I had an online chat with DigiKey's Tech Support and he directed
me to a PolySwitch Resettable Device; specifically their p/n RXE065-ND found
on page 1060 of the online catalogue. It appears to me that this will do
the job...your suggestions?

Secondly, I searched for a 2N2222 on DigiKey and found that it is
"Obsolete"...Tech Support at DigiKey could not find a cross to another
transistor. Larry, when you suggest "...any common NPN transistor..." what
characteristics am I most concerned about in finding a replacement for the
2N2222?

73-
Charlie

The real Andy

"Charlie J" wrote in message
[...]

Any general purpose switching transistor will do. A BC547 or a BC327 will do
the trick. The ultimate choice of transistor will depend on where you live
or who you talk to which makes it quite difficult.

Fuse resistor, with out looking at the origonal circuit, i would be tempted
to just use a standard fuse. You might not get enough voltage dropped across
a standard fuse for the particular application. If not, just use any old
resistor rated at a few Watts.

Larry W4CSC

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:20:22 GMT, "Charlie J"
wrote:

Thanks Larry and Meindert for your help...but being somewhat solid state
challenged, I need some more...

The "fuse resistor" threw me so I went to DigiKey and tried a search...came
up empty. I had an online chat with DigiKey's Tech Support and he directed
me to a PolySwitch Resettable Device; specifically their p/n RXE065-ND found
on page 1060 of the online catalogue. It appears to me that this will do
the job...your suggestions?

Just use one of these from Mouser. There's hundreds of values. Start
looking on:
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?hand...3910&Ne=300010

Sorry I forgot the value in our other post. I'm sure it's on one of
these pages, real cheap.

Buy all parts from Mouser Electronics. Not many companies will sell
me ONE of something cheap. Mouser will and have it to you in a couple
of days.

Secondly, I searched for a 2N2222 on DigiKey and found that it is
"Obsolete"...Tech Support at DigiKey could not find a cross to another
transistor. Larry, when you suggest "...any common NPN transistor..." what
characteristics am I most concerned about in finding a replacement for the
2N2222?

Man, that guy was nuts.

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?hand...e_pcodeid=6257
2N3904 will work fine. Nickel a piece, cheaper if you buy 100...(c;

Tell the nice mouser lady to MAIL it to you at your risk. I do that
all the time. Mouser is the finest place to order parts in the world
for the hobbiest and small-time operator like me.

73-
Charlie

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?
Gw

Yep that guy was nuts, well maybe not nuts but not very helpfull. He
said he could not crossreference a 2n2222 the common number everyone
has been using for years to ask for a general purpose transistor?

Well I don't work at Mouser "customer assistence LOL" but I did
search for and found many 2n2222a transistors at mouser. Call me
stupid but I bet that would work as a replacement for a 2n2222 no
mater what the expert at Mousers said.

GW

[...]

Bilge pump switches Dazed and Confuzed Boat Building 22 January 29th 04 04:13 AM
Problem water pump Yanmar 2GM *Redux* Jeffrey P. Vasquez Cruising 0 January 22nd 04 10:10 PM
Bilge Pump Switch LaBomba182 Cruising 0 October 31st 03 04:25 PM
Pump RUNNING Indication Charlie J Electronics 13 October 4th 03 07:21 PM