Bubba

Default Lowrance LMS-320 = Junk

My LMS-320 has been on my boat for about a month now and it's great.
No problems at all!!!

On Sun, 08 Jun 2003 19:04:23 GMT, "=8-\)~"
wrote:

Thinking about getting one of these units.. Don't.. I just did and it's
junk.. Tried it out last week while on vacation at Lake Powell.. What a
mess.. The Units display flashes from very light to very dark almost
looking like it's going to power down. The water wheel speed sensor is
causing a conflict with the temperature sending unit in the transducer and
causes the read out to flash 32.0° the whole time. The sonar seems to have
a very slow sample rate, ( at least when compared to my in-dash
hummingbird ) and once it loses the bottom it then just keeps flashing all
the while going to higher numbers. The highest it climbed to was about
4,322 feet deep before turning it off and back on again. The only way to
make it stop.. I tried changing the angle of the transducer, the ping rate,
and the sensitivity and nothing seemed to stop this problem. The worst part
is, once I finally got to talk to someone at Lawrance after 3 days of busy
signal on their 800 line, I was told that they knew about the LMS-320
flashing display problem, and that some of them got out before they found
the problem. They also knew about the conflict with the water speed
sending unit too. I'm glad I had my humminbird before I found the bottom,
and my handheld Magellan GPS before I found out I was lost. What a waste of
time and money..
Bill

1969 Mercruiser Model 2 outdrive- worth anything or junk?? tom clark General 2 August 18th 13 05:51 PM
Lowrance LMS 330C Help Needed Duane Richardson General 2 June 20th 04 01:58 AM
Lowrance M68C Bob Askey General 0 April 3rd 04 05:09 PM
The Junk Science of George W. Bush, Jim General 3 March 5th 04 12:48 PM
Replacing Lowrance depth finder butch burton General 5 October 16th 03 09:59 AM