Joakim Majander

Default Software to graph NMEA Windspeed

zachary alan schramm wrote in message ...
J wrote:
I am curious about what IMS data provides. I know it comes from the IMS
vpp but how much info is given on you ims certificate. Is it similar to
polar data that could be used in navigation software. We have very
limited polar data for our boat and I would like to increase the range and
accuracy of it.

You'll get theoretical speeds for 7 wind speeds and 10 wind directions
from the certificate (IMS rules
:http://www.orc.org/publications/imsbk3bw.pdf example certificate on
page 74). You can get more if you pay extra to someone who has IMS
VPP.

Joakim