Dan Krueger

Default West Moron

And you "saved" $25.80. If you drove to WM and shopped them first, you spent at
least that much in gas and your time. I'm not pushing WM or any other boating
store. They have their place for many products but Orchard (Lowes) is a huge
company that doesn't specialize in marine products. Places like that are my
first choice for hardware, etc. that I can save a few bucks on too if I know
they will have it. If I'm at WM, and I need something I buy it for the
convenience if nothing else.

Dan

Dick Locke wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:16:59 GMT, Dan Krueger
wrote:

WM is a business. If you think a 43% gross margin is high, you don't want to
know what kind of money other business are making when you buy clothing,
jewelry, furniture, etc. Even wonder how a store can offer 50% off? You can
bet they are still making money (most of the time).

They are also a service business. Is the Trojan distributor open on weekends
and at night? What kind of overhead do they have? How far did you drive to get
there? Part of that $47.00 in "profit" went to trucking the batteries from the
distributor to the warehouse and then on to your local WM store.

1/4-20 * 3 SS eyebolt at Berkeley WM today: $5.99; quantity I bought:
0

1/4-20* 3 SS eyebolt at Orchard Supply Hardware, 1 block away: $1.69,
including a nut. Quantity I bought: 6

If