Junior Member

Default Ic-m710 Program

I know there's one out there because I had this program on an old computer before I lost all data on my hard drive.
It was a remote control panel that made frequency selections and other adjustments easy by a click of a mouse.

Anyone know where I can locate it on the web?

John
posted to rec.boats.electronics

http://www.icomamerica.com/en/produc...0/default.aspx

You could try the above link.

Cheers
Oliver Fleming

--
EASI54

posted to rec.boats.electronics

EASI54 wrote in
:

I know there's one out there because I had this program on an old
computer before I lost all data on my hard drive.
It was a remote control panel that made frequency selections and other
adjustments easy by a click of a mouse.

Anyone know where I can locate it on the web?

John

http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=3956

$129...pricey

posted to rec.boats.electronics

EASI54 wrote in
:

I know there's one out there because I had this program on an old
computer before I lost all data on my hard drive.
It was a remote control panel that made frequency selections and other
adjustments easy by a click of a mouse.

Anyone know where I can locate it on the web?

John

http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=3956

By the way, you're not supposed to be using it unless:

1 - You have in your hand a valid General Radio Operator's License or GMDSS
Operator's License from the FCC, if you're USA or the equivalent from your
home country as this allows operation on ANY frequency and sideband...not
just USB on commercial marine channels.

2 - A valid General Class or Extra Class Amateur Radio License, if USA or
an HF ham license from your country.

That's why the manual says "DEALER ONLY" when it points to that data jack
back in the back.

Not my fault if you're busted on the wrong sideband off frequency
somewhere....The radio's channelized for a reason....

I'm just pointing out the obvious...no flamewar intended...

posted to rec.boats.electronics

I believe the one you want is the Windows M710 control panel program
and not the Icom ex1726 DOS version radio software control program. I
have the one you want but it's on my computer at work and I'm home for
several weeks recovering from surgery. It used to be available from
the Sailmail website but I don't see it there anymore. I'll get back
to you when I get in to my shop.

Eric

On Apr 12, 12:31*pm, EASI54 wrote:
I know there's one out there because I had this program on an old
computer before I lost all data on my hard drive.
It was a remote *control panel that made frequency selections and other
adjustments easy by a click of a mouse.

Anyone know where I can locate it on the web?

John

--
EASI54

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
EASI54 wrote in
:

[...]

The program I had was FREE! You could store frequencies up 24 and adjust AGC, NB, and squelch plus receive and transmit on different frequencies. 2003 vintage program.

BTW, anyone can listen to communications without a license, and also may transmit as long as they are supervised by a licensed operator of that rig.

Thought you should know.

John
Junior Member

;707191]I believe the one you want is the Windows M710 control panel program
and not the Icom ex1726 DOS version radio software control program. I
have the one you want but it's on my computer at work and I'm home for
several weeks recovering from surgery. It used to be available from
the Sailmail website but I don't see it there anymore. I'll get back
to you when I get in to my shop.

Eric

Thank you Eric!!
I couldn't remember where I got it from and all my searches came up empty. Being "for Free" is why it isn't available anymore. The other program Larry mentioned doesn't even come close to it for what I had seen from the Demo.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

John
posted to rec.boats.electronics
You You is offline

In article ,
EASI54 wrote:

BTW, anyone can listen to communications without a license, and also
may transmit as long as they are supervised by a licensed operator of
that rig.

Thought you should know.

John

Bzzzt, Wrong again, would you like to try for what is behind Door #3????

Not even a Licensed Operator, can operate a Marine HF Radio that does NOT
have a valid Station License posted, legally...... AND a non-licensed
user "May" speak into the Microphone of a GMDSS Radio, HOWEVER, that
does NOT constitute being the "Operator", or, Operating the Station. The
Operator of a GMDSS Radio is REQUIRED to be Licensed as a GMDSS
Operator......
posted to rec.boats.electronics

You wrote in news:you-8011E0.09563815042009
@netnews.worldnet.att.net:

The
Operator of a GMDSS Radio is REQUIRED to be Licensed as a GMDSS
Operator......

Boy, that's a hot-button topic.....but true. But, just having a DSC-
equipped, they told me was NOT a GMDSS-equipped ship.

Here's a little-known, but very important part of Part 80 of the FCC
Rules I bet everyone is guilty of violating.....

"§ 80.310 Watch required by voluntary
vessels.
Voluntary vessels not equipped with
DSC must maintain a watch on 2182
kHz and on 156.800 MHz (Channel 16)
whenever the vessel is underway and
the radio is not being used to communicate.
Noncommercial vessels, such as
recreational boats, may alternatively
maintain a watch on 156.450 MHz
(Channel 9) in lieu of VHF Channel 16
for call and reply purposes. Voluntary
vessels equipped with VHF-DSC equipment
must maintain a watch on 2182
kHz and on either 156.525 MHz (Channel
70) or VHF Channel 16 aurally whenever
the vessel is underway and the
radio is not being used to communicate.
Voluntary vessels equipped
with MF-HF DSC equipment must have
the radio turned on and set to an appropriate
DSC distress calling channel
or one of the radiotelephone distress
channels whenever the vessel is underway
and the radio is not being used to
communicate. Voluntary vessels
equipped with Inmarsat A, B, C, M or
Fleet F77 systems must have the unit
turned on and set to receive calls
whenever the vessel is underway and
the radio is not being used to communicate.
[73 FR 4485, Jan. 25, 2008]
VerDate Aug"

When was the last time you guys left your unused SSB radios tuned to
2182Khz and RUNNING with all that damned 2Mhz static when you were not
using it? According to the rules, the HF radio must NEVER be turned off
while underway, but must be left on 2182Khz or a DSC-Distress channel.

Larry

I've decided to worship Thor. My god has a hammer and isn't
afraid to use it. Your god is a pacifist who got nailed to a
tree.

Any questions?

I-68 program [email protected] Cruising 12 May 9th 08 03:05 AM
opening M710 Michael Holz Electronics 6 June 8th 04 10:52 AM
Cloning Icom M710 Michael Holz Electronics 2 May 20th 04 06:19 PM
Icom M710-xx ? Steve Electronics 4 January 10th 04 08:29 PM
icom M710+AT130:troubleshooting Manlio Laschena Electronics 0 July 8th 03 07:23 AM