Default I-68 program

I’m going to visit US this summer (by sailing across - Lake Ontario).
I have been told that I will need I-68 program/form to get there
easier.
I read about that on US GOV website.
I’m located in Toronto area.
Can somebody explain to me where I have to go to get the I-68 form.
I called all number listed in Buffalo as a port of entry, but nobody
knows what is I-68.
I called a bridge with no luck at all.
Does anybody can help me and get instruction where to go.
Or any other advises – in this matter.
Thank in advance
Mada

wrote in message
I’m going to visit US this summer (by sailing across - Lake Ontario).
I have been told that I will need I-68 program/form to get there
easier.
I read about that on US GOV website.
I’m located in Toronto area.
Can somebody explain to me where I have to go to get the I-68 form.
I called all number listed in Buffalo as a port of entry, but nobody
knows what is I-68.
I called a bridge with no luck at all.
Does anybody can help me and get instruction where to go.
Or any other advises – in this matter.
Thank in advance
Mada

I believe it's a Canadian form...

"Canadian Border Boat Landing (I-68) Program"

http://www.customs.gov/xp/cgov/trave...boats/cbbl.xml

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote:
I’m going to visit US this summer (by sailing across - Lake Ontario).
I have been told that I will need I-68 program/form to get there
easier.

Yes, it makes the border crossing into the U.S. much easier.

I read about that on US GOV website.
I’m located in Toronto area.
Can somebody explain to me where I have to go to get the I-68 form.

My wife and I are US citizens, and called several INS offices before
we found somebody that could help. The problem they have is that the
'Homeland Security' department controls everything, and changes the
rules without telling anybody. We are much safer from terrorists if
it's harder for law-abiding people to get any gov't cooperation.

Politics aside, we found that the Customs & Immigration office at the
Rochester airport knew about these forms and would issue them, but
only if we went in person. Kind of a pain, but we have business in
that area anyway.

Hope this helps
Fresh Breezes- Doug King

from this website
http://www.cruising.ca/docs/USAE.html
"I-68 Form for short U.S. cruises"
"All persons coming into the U.S. are subject to Immigration and
Customs inspection. The U.S. government's I-68 (Canadian Border Boat
Landing Permit) allows both Canadian and American people entering the
U.S. on a boat to by-pass inspection. You must still "check in" by
phone and everyone one board must have a valid I-68. Boats longer than
30 feet are not elligible but may get a U.S. customs decal. Customs or
I.N.S. ports are becoming fewer and further between, so this is a
considerable convenience."

"Each person on board your boat, including children, must be
registered and possess an I-68 form. All individuals not listed on the
I-68 form must, upon landing, immediately proceed to the nearest port
of entry to be personally inspected by a United States Immigration
Inspector. Possession of an approved I-68 satisfies all reporting
requirements of the U.S.I.N.S. (Immigration and Naturalization
Service)."

"If you have a valid I-68 for each person on board meaning very person
on board must have a valid I-68 in order to use this program. You may
enter at any port but current regulations require that all vessels
report their arrival into the United States. This report may be made
by phone (or cell phone) to 1-800-827-2851 in the St. Lawrence River
and Eastern Lake Ontario or 1-800-927-5015 in the Buffalo and Western
Lake Ontario area. You may only use this form to visit the designated
border area for up to 72 hours (3 days)."
"How to get an I-68 form:"

"You can order a copy of the I-68 at: U.S. A. I.N.S. Website, or you
can call 1-800-870-3676 (from USA exchanges only). "

On Tue, 6 May 2008 14:21:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I’m going to visit US this summer (by sailing across - Lake Ontario).
I have been told that I will need I-68 program/form to get there
easier.
I read about that on US GOV website.
I’m located in Toronto area.
Can somebody explain to me where I have to go to get the I-68 form.
I called all number listed in Buffalo as a port of entry, but nobody
knows what is I-68.
I called a bridge with no luck at all.
Does anybody can help me and get instruction where to go.
Or any other advises – in this matter.
Thank in advance
Mada

[From Pat's Boating in Canada...]

All persons coming into the U.S. are subject to Immigration and
Customs inspection. The U.S. government's I-68 (Canadian Border Boat
Landing Permit) allows both Canadian and American people entering the
U.S. on a boat to by-pass inspection. You must still "check in" by
phone and everyone one board must have a valid I-68. You may only use
this form to visit the designated border area for up to 72 hours (3
days). Customs or I.N.S. ports are becoming fewer and further between,
so this is a considerable convenience. Boats longer than 30 feet may
also require a U.S. customs decal.

Each person on board your boat, including children, must be registered
and possess an I-68 form. (Children may be listed on a parent's form.)
If you have a valid I-68 for each person on board, you may enter at
any port but all vessels must still report their arrival into the
United States. This report may be made by phone (or cell phone) to
1-800-827-2851 in the St. Lawrence River and Eastern Lake Ontario or
1-800-927-5015 in the Buffalo and Western Lake Ontario area.

If you have extra passengers, you must land at an official entry port,
videophone or radiophone for inspection.

Canadian boaters visiting places like Potters Beach on Grindstone
Island, a popular beach in the Thousand Islands, must report to U.S.
Customs first, unless they have an I-68 form and report their arrival
using a cell phone.

This quirk passed on by a fellow boater: "If you have entered the U.S.
using an I-68, after 72 hours you must leave U.S. waters, and then
return. However, if you were simply boating in Canadian waters and did
not officially enter Canada, you do not have to clear back into the
U.S. -- the original clearance is still in effect."

How to get an I-68 form:
To get the I-68 form, you have to present yourself, in person, to an
I.N.S. (U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service) office. You must
supply 3 passport photos,have your name checked, and you must be
fingerprinted.

It costs about $16 U.S. per person. Payment methods include money
order, personal checks drawn on a U.S. bank or U.S. cash. They didn't
accept credit cards or Canadian cash last time I checked.

Family I-68 Form:
There is a family fee of $32 (all members are listed on one card).
Note that family members can only use a family I-68 card while
travelling with the person whose name appears on the card. If boating
with others, they must either carry their own I-68 or check in to an
I.N.S. location.

Family is defined as: husband, wife, unmarried children under 21, and
parents of husband or wife. Common-law families are not recognized.

Brian Whatcott wrote:.

Canadian boaters visiting places like Potters Beach on Grindstone
Island, a popular beach in the Thousand Islands, must report to U.S.
Customs first, unless they have an I-68 form and report their arrival
using a cell phone.

An I68 for Potters, you must be joking. The place is full of boats,
Canadian and US every sunny day in the summer, I've never heard of
anyone doing it the "legal" way. I can see Potters Beach from my dock,
it's about 8 miles NE of me, looking across Black Ant Is. (****mire to
some).

Cheers
Marty

Thank you very much for all of yours e-mails.
Unfortunately I still do not know where to go.
I have photos, I have money, I went to US by bridge and try to get any
info.
No luck - no one knows what is I-68.
I'm still in hope that somebody gets it from Toronto Area and know
exactly how it works.
Thank in advance
Mada

We are starting a major sailing trip to the US in about 3 weeks, and
have done a fair amount of research on this.
The I68 program has been replaced by the NEXUS program.

Current information is at
http://www.lsyc.info/cruising/2007/N...INS%20Info.pdf

Pats Boating is very informative, but most of the links in realation
to borders are no longer current.
Calling local borders yield no information at all.

I am expecting the border crossing (checkpoints) on the water will
know more.

Our boat is over 30 feet, so we do not qualify for this program, and
will have to buy a decal, at the border when we cross into the US.

Thats how it all appears to me, anyway.
YMMV

good luck,

Joe

On Wed, 7 May 2008 10:06:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thank you very much for all of yours e-mails.
Unfortunately I still do not know where to go.
I have photos, I have money, I went to US by bridge and try to get any
info.
No luck - no one knows what is I-68.
I'm still in hope that somebody gets it from Toronto Area and know
exactly how it works.
Thank in advance
Mada

Annoying TV Fishing Program HK General 13 September 2nd 07 05:14 AM
MSM reveals another spy program D.Duck General 0 December 24th 06 02:35 PM
program wanted RB General 6 February 15th 06 04:02 PM
3 Step program Capt.American ASA 13 January 15th 06 01:33 AM