Michael Holz

Default opening M710

Hi!
I´m looking for infos about "opening" a Icom 710 for Ham-Bands.

thx Michael

Doug Dotson

Find someone with a cloning cable and the software to reconfigure
the unit. Any ICOM dealer can do it. Generally costs around $US75.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"Michael Holz" wrote in message
Hi!
I´m looking for infos about "opening" a Icom 710 for Ham-Bands.

thx Michael

Captain Bob

see : http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=2500
for the cloning cable schematic. The site also has the cloning software you
can download (under M710). Run the software with the cloning cable and
specify the ranges that include the ham bands - see the instructions in the
software readme file.

Bob, AK6R
Swell Dancer, Catalina 42
Oceanside. CA

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
Find someone with a cloning cable and the software to reconfigure
the unit. Any ICOM dealer can do it. Generally costs around $US75.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"Michael Holz" wrote in message
Hi!
I´m looking for infos about "opening" a Icom 710 for Ham-Bands.

thx Michael

Michael Holz

thx guys ;-)

Michael

PJ

I´m looking for infos about "opening" a Icom 710 for Ham-Bands.

There's nothing you need to do - it works on ham bands right now. The
cloning cable will allow you to set up a bunch of presets but you don't need
it.

It's a little annoying to use the 710 for ham QSO's because you need to find
a channel to work in receive mode and then set the transmit frequency
manually to the same frequency. You need to really understand the sequence
of button presses to make it work effectively. The bottom line is that you
can operate on all of the ham bands without anything special or having
anything "clipped."

Doug Dotson

Depends upon what model of M-710 you have. They are not all
ham enabled. Mine was not.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"PJ" wrote in message
I´m looking for infos about "opening" a Icom 710 for Ham-Bands.

There's nothing you need to do - it works on ham bands right now. The
cloning cable will allow you to set up a bunch of presets but you don't

need
it.

It's a little annoying to use the 710 for ham QSO's because you need to

find
a channel to work in receive mode and then set the transmit frequency
manually to the same frequency. You need to really understand the

sequence
of button presses to make it work effectively. The bottom line is that

you
can operate on all of the ham bands without anything special or having
anything "clipped."

Michael Holz

Hi!
Depends upon what model of M-710 you have. They are not all
ham enabled. Mine was not.

Right!
Mine too....GMDSS Version.

cu M.