Default Full fuel tanks for the winter

50 ppm @20C ( 1ml / 20 litres)
fig.1 p11
http://www.journeytoforever.org/biof...bdgerpen96.pdf
Beware of biodiesel in boats..

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:07:51 -0500, wrote:

No, unfortunately, the moisture is heavier than air and settles in the
tank, where it remains.

Unfortunately, no. Water vapor has a molecular weight of 18, air is
29. Density varies directly with molecular weight.

Casady

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:38:14 +0000, Goofball_star_dot_etal
wrote:

How much is "LOADED" in ppm?

Seventy ppm according to one reference to jet fuel. Enough for the
fungi and bacteria to get by. According to Flying magazine, if I
recall.

Casady

On 12 Nov 2008 18:03:00 -0500, Marc Auslander
wrote:

Common knowledge is that we should top up our fuel tank for the winter
sleep. Argument is that otherwise the temp changes will continuously
condense water into the tank, as moist air is pulled in, condensed,
and then expelled.

I have no doubt that the effect is real, but wonder how big it
actually is. How much water per gallon (or liter) of air would
condense in one cycle of some plausible temperature range and some
plausible outside dew point?

(I think I know how to calculate this, but wonder if its already been done?)

Google groups is getting worse for finding stuff..

"
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:08:53 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

OK, worst case, 100% humidity at 80 F., and it all condenses out into the
tank. What volume of water are we talking about for each cubic foot of air?

1 cubic foot = 0.028 316 846 592 000 066 cubic meter
http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm
80 degree Fahrenheit = 26.6666667 degree Celsius
http://www.onlineconversion.com/temperature.htm
At sea level and at 20 °C, dry air has a density of approximately 1.2
kg/m3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Density_of_air
approx 20g h2o / kg air
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humidity

0.028 x 1.2 x 20 = 0.672 grams/ccs/ml of water.

"

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:15:05 -0500, "Roger Long"

So, if you fill a balloon with water, it will fly? Amazing! Does NASA
know about this?

No, but all pilots know that, when humidity, the amount of water in the air
(had to add that in view of the ignorance being displayed here), increases,
the air gets less dense. The plane can carry less weight and takeoffs will
be longer. Less dense is, uh, lighter.

Whoosh!

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:15:05 -0500, "Roger Long"

So, if you fill a balloon with water, it will fly? Amazing! Does NASA
know about this?

No, but all pilots know that, when humidity, the amount of water in the air
(had to add that in view of the ignorance being displayed here),

Mr. "I'm gonna make my boat lightning proof" is now calling others
ignorant?

Bwahahahahahaha!

Fuel Tanks Joe Cruising 10 February 17th 08 10:01 AM
Fuel Tanks Wayne.B General 4 February 17th 08 10:01 AM
Epoxy fuel tanks Tony Cruising 6 June 2nd 05 10:57 PM
Fuel and water tanks hprofit2518 Boat Building 6 June 6th 04 06:40 PM
diesel fuel tanks P.C. Boat Building 2 August 22nd 03 04:10 AM