Default Skippy's turned into a real lubber

He's back up the highway again. Must have a mistress up there in the
mountains around Clayton, Ga. Don't nobody tell Lydia. Shhhhhhhhhhh!

Or, it could be he's also stocking up on moonshine to smuggle into the
Bahamas if he ever makes it there which seems doubtful now that's he's
spending all his time driving up and down the highway. I knew the boy just
didn't have what it takes. Can't wean himself off dirt.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?&glId=0sKGa9AJRCF45FaX5L5g6PLcZGvSb3 nMe

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
He's back up the highway again. Must have a mistress up there in the
mountains around Clayton, Ga. Don't nobody tell Lydia. Shhhhhhhhhhh!

Memory failing Neal?

On Nov 9, 7:42*pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
He's back up the highway again. Must have a mistress up there in the
mountains around Clayton, Ga. Don't nobody tell Lydia. *Shhhhhhhhhhh!

Or, it could be he's also stocking up on moonshine to smuggle into the
Bahamas if he ever makes it there which seems doubtful now that's he's
spending all his time driving up and down the highway. I knew the boy just
didn't have what it takes. Can't wean himself off dirt.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?&glId=0sKGa9AJ....

Wilbur Hubbard

Good timing. Trust you noted we're back on the boat. We being Lydia,
her mother, Portia and me.

We may even venture out on the water sometime soon :{))

L8R

Skip, off to dinner

On 2008-11-09 19:42:33 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
said:

He's back up the highway again. Must have a mistress up there in the
mountains around Clayton, Ga. Don't nobody tell Lydia. Shhhhhhhhhhh!

Yeah, he DID have a lady up there .... Mum!

Isn't it so amazing that you're the first to spot Skip's movements. Jealous?

--
Jere Lull

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:44:29 -0800 (PST), Skip Gundlach
wrote:

We may even venture out on the water sometime soon :{))

What does Portia have to say about that ?

On 2008-11-09 19:42:33 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
said:

He's back up the highway again. Must have a mistress up there in the
mountains around Clayton, Ga. Don't nobody tell Lydia. Shhhhhhhhhhh!

Yeah, he DID have a lady up there .... Mum!

Isn't it so amazing that you're the first to spot Skip's movements.
Jealous?

Me jealous of Skippy? Perish the thought! There is simply nothing to be
jealous about.

1) My ships cat "Peeky" is better than "Portia". He loves his boat so much
he won't even consider jumping off it even when on the hard for a bottom
job. He knows how to swim to the transom and climb up his net to get back on
board if he falls off at anchor.

2) My boat is better than the "Wallowing Pig." Better in every way - faster,
more economical, easier to maintain, less expensive to upkeep, has more sea
miles under her keel, no leaks anywhere, no stinking wind-up sails.
Constantly upgraded with the best of materials including new standing
rigging and Sta-Locs all around. New wiring throughout. New electronics and
Navman instruments. New nav lights. New photovoltaics. New refrigerator.
(Waeco/AdlerBarbour) New VHF and on and on and on. Has real spinnaker and
asymmetrical cruising chute with sock. Has storm trysail and storm jib. New
mainsail and serviceable spare. Has 9 headsails of various sizes and
weights. Has seven anchors including CQR, W/C fisherman, Danforth Hi-tensile
(3), para-sea anchor and four independent rodes of stainless steel chain and
nylon. Has a nice little 40 pound GRP pram (six-feet loa) and stainless
steel tubing storage rack at deck level of transom where it stores secure,
safe and sound lashed upside down. The pram probably has more miles on her
keel than Skippy's mother ship.

3) What else? Oh yeah - I never use it but it has a ElectraSan for the
head. Legal for all but no-discharge zones. Also has safe, reliable
two-burner stove. No chance of propane explosion. Has full SCUBA for
treasure diving and salvage and repair ops. Has NO space robbing, water
hogging, perfume stinking, closet filling, constantly whining and bitching
female crew members who can't figure out on which side of a daymark or buoy
to steer. Has a reliable, easy to maintain, non-polluting and very
economical Honda 4-stroke outboard engine.

4) Doesn't need a generator as it's an integrated system and solar powered.
Doesn't stink like diesel fuel like Skippy's leaky motor that he tries to
fix using bubble gum and hardware store parts. Doesn't need a SPOT because
the captain always knows where he goes and is.

5) Has withstood more than two dozen hurricanes and tropical storms with no
damage of note. Has withstood a direct violent lightning strike and
sustained no structural damage. Has been aground fewer times in 20 years
than the "Wallowing Pig" has been aground in 20 months.

6) Has rounded Cape Horn from west to east under sail.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:09:44 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

3) What else? Oh yeah - I never use it but it has a ElectraSan for the
head.

Still haven't heard from any here who have an Airhead.
No holding tanks - except for the portable one for dumping urine.
No stinky hoses, clogged/broken valves, thruhulls, etc
Guess most folks just don't fancy the Airhead, which from reports
never stinks up the boat.
Tradition mostly, I suspect.

--Vic

wrote:

2) My boat is better than the "Wallowing Pig." Better in every way - faster,
more economical, easier to maintain, less expensive to upkeep, has more sea
miles under her keel,

Yes, the tide comes in... The tide goes out...

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:24:12 -0600, Vic Smith wrote:

Still haven't heard from any here who have an Airhead. No holding tanks
- except for the portable one for dumping urine. No stinky hoses,
clogged/broken valves, thruhulls, etc Guess most folks just don't fancy
the Airhead, which from reports never stinks up the boat.
Tradition mostly, I suspect.

A composting toilet is an interesting concept for a boat. I knew a
couple that had one in their cabin (land). Worked pretty well. The only
downside I recall, was during the colder months, the cabin was used
infrequently, and the composting toilet needed heat to work properly.

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
I never use it but it has a ElectraSan for the head.

Perhaps if Neal occasionally used his head, he wouldn't be so full of...
er... himself...