Default DTOPS - under construction...

Recently got a letter from the "U.S. Customs and Border Protection"
regarding the "Decal and Transponder Online Procurement System" (DTOPS)
program, advising me to go to their new website at
https://dtops.cbp.dhs.gov. The letter was dated September 22, 2008.

The letter mentions that "There will be a delay in accessing DTOPS as it
becomes online"...

As of today (10/19/2008) the website is still "under construction".

The Help Desk number (317) 298-1245 just leaves you hanging burning
long-distance $$$.

Anyone have any update on this latest "enhancement" from Homeland (In)
Security?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:33:51 -0700, "claus"
wrote:

Recently got a letter from the "U.S. Customs and Border Protection"
regarding the "Decal and Transponder Online Procurement System" (DTOPS)
program, advising me to go to their new website at
https://dtops.cbp.dhs.gov. The letter was dated September 22, 2008.

The letter mentions that "There will be a delay in accessing DTOPS as it
becomes online"...

As of today (10/19/2008) the website is still "under construction".

The Help Desk number (317) 298-1245 just leaves you hanging burning
long-distance $$$.

Anyone have any update on this latest "enhancement" from Homeland (In)
Security?

Received the notice last week but haven't tried the new system yet.
My current sticker has a while to run.

Looks like another government system out of sync with the world, what
else is new, but "change" in coming.................

wrote:

Recently got a letter from the "U.S. Customs and Border Protection"
regarding *the "Decal and Transponder Online Procurement System" (DTOPS)
program, advising me to go to their new website at
https://dtops.cbp.dhs.gov. The letter was dated September 22, 2008.

The letter mentions that "There will be a delay in accessing DTOPS as it
becomes online"...

As of today (10/19/2008) the website is still "under construction".

The Help Desk number (317) 298-1245 just leaves you hanging burning
long-distance $$$.

Anyone have any update on this latest "enhancement" from Homeland (In)
Security?

Received the notice last week but haven't tried the new system yet.
My current sticker has a while to run.- Hide quoted text -

Update:

"User Fee Decal Website Currently Under Construction

(10/23/2008)The new Decal and Transponder Online Procurement System (DTOPS)
is currently under construction. ( DTOPS ) The anticipated go-live date of
DTOPS is November 17, 2008.

If you need immediate assistance, the helpdesk may be contacted at (317)
298-1245, or .

We are able to process paper transactions, although delays may be likely due
to extremely high volume. Please contact the helpdesk for the appropriate
paper forms. Correspondence may be sent via fax to (317) 290-3219, or by
mail to the address below.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Attn: DTOPS Program Administrator
6650 Telecom Drive, Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46278"

I sent an email request for a vessel decal to
and received a
nice reply with confirmation that the form would be sent. So I guess that's
the way to go until the new website goes on-line.