posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Default Reefs, Wrecks, Caves and Mermaids

"Don White" wrote in message

That's one of the very reasons that when I fly I always will request a
back seat. I've never heard of a plane backing into a mountain.

I'm with you there. If my plane crashes into a mountain, I don't want to
miss one second of it.

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

On Oct 18, 9:33*am, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:52:21 -0700 (PDT), "Capt.Bill"

wrote:
On Oct 16, 11:48*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:27:37 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

looked great, Wayne.

Looks like you had some good sceney and fun.

what is that metal wreck in this one?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

Wrecked twin engine C-46 aircraft at Norman's Cay, crashed landed in
the water by drug smugglers in 1980.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/...?id=19801115-0

Is the small resort on Norman's up and running again?

Capt. Bill

There is McDuff's Restaurant/Norman's Cay Beach Club on the west side
near the middle of the air strip:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/8246950

We ate at McDuff's twice, once going south and again coming back.
The food is good and they have a few rental beach cottages.

We anchored near here, took the dinghy across to the old dock, and
then walked up the road to the air strip:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/941075- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, that's it. It was closed for a while.

Capt. Bill

wrote:

looked great, Wayne.

Looks like you had some good sceney and fun.

what is that metal wreck in this one?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

Wrecked twin engine C-46 aircraft at Norman's Cay, crashed landed in
the water by drug smugglers in 1980.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/...?id=19801115-0

Is the small resort on Norman's up and running again?

Capt. Bill

Ah, the "Bermuda Triangle" strikes again!

(Or maybe a heat seeking missle or LAWS rocket)- Hide quoted text -

?

Capt. Bill
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:54:24 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:59:42 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

No windshield, let alone radar. V berth, a small
saloon with room for six around a table. Tiny galley, cramped head.

No thanks.

You know the trip under discussion is one of ten hours. How fancy do
you really need it?

Casady
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 19, 9:53*am, "Don White" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Oct 18, 8:06 pm, wrote:

Jim wrote:
Wayne, nice pics. One question though. Why did you choose a slow boat
as
your mode of transportation. You could have done a low fly by in a
plane
and gotten some great shots out the plane window. ;-)

Wayne.B wrote:
If you can figure out how to get pictures of coral reefs, fish and
caves from a plane window, I'd like to buy that camera. :-)

No problem. I'll tell the Air Force you're interested in one of their
spy jobs they are decommissioning with budget cuts

I prefer the up-close look myself. No airplane will ever be able to
back up slowly while you're tracking a big lobster!

FB- Doug King

That's one of the very reasons that when I fly I always will request a
back seat. I've never heard of a plane backing into a mountain.

Watched most of a documentary show on salvaging a big 747.
Seems that the 'black box' (cockpit voice recorder) is installed near the
tail section because that's where the engineers feel it has the best chance
of surviving.

My thoughts exactly!

wrote:

looked great, Wayne.

Looks like you had some good sceney and fun.

what is that metal wreck in this one?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

Wrecked twin engine C-46 aircraft at Norman's Cay, crashed landed in
the water by drug smugglers in 1980.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/...?id=19801115-0

Is the small resort on Norman's up and running again?

Capt. Bill

Ah, the "Bermuda Triangle" strikes again!

(Or maybe a heat seeking missle or LAWS rocket)- Hide quoted text -

?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Capt. Bill

Sorry, Bill. I was posting to Wayne about the drug plane going down,
and accidentally used your post as a catalyst.
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

"Boater" wrote in message

Wayne.B wrote:

When I'm in port I like all the comforts (and toys) of home. You
really need something like a trawler for that.

Or a nice hotel room.

Boring.

Eisboch

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

On Oct 20, 10:53*pm, Boater wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:

Casady) wrote:

No windshield, let alone radar. V berth, a small
saloon with room for six around a table. Tiny galley, cramped head.
No thanks.
You know the trip under discussion is one of ten hours. How fancy do
you really need it?

When I'm in port I like all the comforts (and toys) of home. * You
really need something like a trawler for that.

Or a nice hotel room.- Hide quoted text -

That's our grandest boater and outdoorsman! Personally, I don't like
hotels. Boring, plain, predictable. But then again, that's how some
folks like their lives.