posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Tim Tim is offline

Default Reefs, Wrecks, Caves and Mermaids

On Oct 16, 8:09*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
For anyone who is interested, here are some dive pictures from our
recent cruise to the Exuma islands in the Bahamas:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3...102410apu9.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...102812aku3.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9...3r4e101mf1.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5...204420ahj9.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5...r20166axc0.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9...3r50072vm2.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2...r20145avh4.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8...104420apv5.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8...r20040aui2.jpg

looked great, Wayne.

Looks like you had some good sceney and fun.

what is that metal wreck in this one?

On Oct 16, 9:27 pm, Tim wrote:
On Oct 16, 8:09 pm, Wayne.B wrote:

For anyone who is interested, here are some dive pictures from our
recent cruise to the Exuma islands in the Bahamas:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3...102410apu9.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...102812aku3.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9...3r4e101mf1.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5...204420ahj9.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5...r20166axc0.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9...3r50072vm2.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2...r20145avh4.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8...104420apv5.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8...r20040aui2.jpg

looked great, Wayne.

Looks like you had some good sceney and fun.

what is that metal wreck in this one?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

Thats what I wanna do, combine my two great loves, sailing and
caving. What kinda boat were you cruising on?
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:27:37 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

looked great, Wayne.

Looks like you had some good sceney and fun.

what is that metal wreck in this one?

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...404822amo7.jpg

Wrecked twin engine C-46 aircraft at Norman's Cay, crashed landed in
the water by drug smugglers in 1980.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/...?id=19801115-0

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:59:05 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Thats what I wanna do, combine my two great loves, sailing and
caving. What kinda boat were you cruising on?

We were there on our Grand Banks trawler.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AaOGTlo0Zt2LlI

posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Very nice, Wayne. Thanks!

--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

Thats what I wanna do, combine my two great loves, sailing and
caving. What kinda boat were you cruising on?

We were there on our Grand Banks trawler.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AaOGTlo0Zt2LlI

Wayne, nice pics. One question though. Why did you choose a slow boat as
your mode of transportation. You could have done a low fly by in a plane
and gotten some great shots out the plane window. ;-)

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:21:54 -0400, Jim wrote:

We were there on our Grand Banks trawler.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AaOGTlo0Zt2LlI

Wayne, nice pics. One question though. Why did you choose a slow boat as
your mode of transportation. You could have done a low fly by in a plane
and gotten some great shots out the plane window. ;-)

Slow is relative. We have a SeaRay runabout and several RIB dinghys
for zipping around at speed, but you really can't beat a nice big
trawler for traveling long distances and living aboard. On a 500
mile offshore run the trawler will beat any speedboat I know.

If you can figure out how to get pictures of coral reefs, fish and
caves from a plane window, I'd like to buy that camera. :-)

Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:21:54 -0400, Jim wrote:

We were there on our Grand Banks trawler.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...AaOGTlo0Zt2LlI

Wayne, nice pics. One question though. Why did you choose a slow boat as
your mode of transportation. You could have done a low fly by in a plane
and gotten some great shots out the plane window. ;-)

Slow is relative. We have a SeaRay runabout and several RIB dinghys
for zipping around at speed, but you really can't beat a nice big
trawler for traveling long distances and living aboard. On a 500
mile offshore run the trawler will beat any speedboat I know.

If you can figure out how to get pictures of coral reefs, fish and
caves from a plane window, I'd like to buy that camera. :-)

Just kidding Wayne. That was how krause would typically respond. You
know how he hates to travel by boat.

wrote in message
Thats what I wanna do, combine my two great loves, sailing and
caving. What kinda boat were you cruising on?

Yowsa! You ain't lived until you been cave sailin'. :-D