Bigfoot

Default FS: HF Radio System

So how about an opinion on an SGC 2020? I'm looking for a HF transceiver
that's mobile, needing low power, preferably made in the US ... it doesn't
have the bells and whistles of the Japanese radios - ah, but this could be a
whole new thread!

Tom
'Catnip' 1983 Freedom 28 catketch

Larry W4CSC

L. M. Rappaport wrote in
:

Also agree on SGC - one of the worst reputations in radio today. I
think Larry's being generous at $100 - he must like tinkering!
--

I'm a hard-core technician and have a shop. I like dogs...(c;

73, Larry W4CSC
L. M. Rappaport

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:49:06 -0400, Glenn Ashmore
wrote (with possible editing):

I hate to agree but that SGC tranciever reminds me of my '67 Jag XKE.
When it was running it ran like a bat out of H@*l. When it was running.
Somehow I think SGC must have hired some folks from Lucas. :-)

I can't resist - I had a 62 or 63 XKE. Went up on a body lift and the
two front wheels fell off. That was it!

Also agree on SGC - one of the worst reputations in radio today. I
think Larry's being generous at $100 - he must like tinkering!
--

Larry W1HJF

Glenn Ashmore

I hate to agree but that SGC tranciever reminds me of my '67 Jag XKE.
When it was running it ran like a bat out of H@*l. When it was running.
Somehow I think SGC must have hired some folks from Lucas. :-)

Larry W4CSC wrote:

I'll open the bidding at a generous $100 (+ shipping of course)....

How many times has it been back to the factory DOA?

Larry W4CSC

ospam (CEmely) wrote in
:

For Sale: SGC 2000 HF SSB transceiver and SGC 230 automatic antenna
tuner see
www.sgcworld.com for specs. 150 watts, 1.6-30 mHz.

Good Condition.

Contact

See info below

SG-2000

(Cat. No. 04-01)

Power Output 150 watts
frequency range 1.6 to 30 MHz base or mobile

* modern HF power tool into the next century
* several multi-mission heads available
* open architecture for all modes of operation (AM , CW, SITOR,
PACTOR,
ALE, GMDSS)
* comes in 9 configurations, including the PowerTalk DSP head
Model SG-230 SmartunerTM automatic microprocessor antenna coupler.
Coupler can be used within its' power rating with any HF Transceiver
in range of 1.6-30 MHz.
Designed for marine, portable and fixed base applications.
For antenna types: 23 ft marine whip for 1.6 to 30 MHz and with 9 ft.
minimum antenna for 3-30 MHz operation

Number of memory channels: 170
Frequency range: 1.6-30 MHz
Power rating: 200 watts PEP maximum: 12VDC. operation
VSWR (Typical): 2:1
Tune power: 3 watts nominal
Weight: 8 Lbs.
Dimensions: 16Dx12Wx3H
Supplied with 9 ft. cable for coaxial and DC power.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at:
http://www.rutuonline.com