Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Iridium Email Clients - Which One?

Hi Folks,

Firstly I want to say sorry in advance if this has already been
thrashed, but I could not find the answer on the forums.

I want to know what software, email client to be exact, people are
using while at sea with there Iridium Sat Phones.

On our last trip we used ASTMail, but I was not happy with it, we had
real trouble sending mail, and had to connect 3x to send one message.
I see quite a few other options like:

1. XGate by GMN
2. OCENS
3. Sailamail (not Sailmail)
4. UUPlus

I like the look of XGate, and it seems popular, it also sends a text
when a mail arrives, but I would love to hear others opinions on here,
and experiences.

Does anyone ever bother to time there sending when a satellite is just
starting its pass (as opposed to finishing and having the satellite
hand the call off to the next satellite risking a broken connection
mid-email).

Cheers

-Al

Iridium Rusty[_2_] Cruising 49 August 5th 07 07:28 PM
Iridium Rusty[_2_] Electronics 2 August 2nd 07 07:10 PM
Iridium sat phones Peter Hendra Cruising 2 September 1st 05 12:01 PM
Iridium Ayesha Cruising 4 February 17th 04 10:08 AM