Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Marc

Default Note to Peggie hall

Ronco Plastics no longer recommends teflon tape for their tank
connections. During my tank installation, I performed a 1.5psi, 3hr
test and the connections failed. I spoke to Ritch at Ronco and he
conceded that teflon tape is not their choice any more. He recommended
a butyl rubber sealant.

Since my connections were already streched out, I did the following:
1. I shaved the ribs off the spin on fittings and placed a hose clamp
moderately tight around the fitting.

2. Applied marine grade silicone sealant to the male and female
threads

3. Turned down the elbow and at the same time increased slightly the
pressure on the hose clamp.

4. Turned the elbow down hand tight + a quarter turn with full
preassure on the hose clamp.

5. Let sit 24 hrs prior to test

6. Test at 1.5 psi (water coming out the vent at a 4' head is approx.
1.5 psi),24 hrs
7. No leaks

Question for Peggie Hall Capt Frank Hopkins General 6 April 21st 04 03:57 PM
Peggie Hall question Wayne.B General 14 March 24th 04 01:36 AM
Ping: Peggie Hall RG General 2 March 20th 04 07:27 PM
Paging Peggie Hall Eric Cruising 4 December 22nd 03 02:30 AM