Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jeff Morris

Default Antifreeze Type?

I'm in the middle of changing the antifreeze in my Yanmar 2GM20FC engines and am
curious if I should change type.

I've been using Ethylene Glycol, following the advice of a Yanmar mechanic who
said using Propylene Glycol would void my warranty. I've never been able to
verify that, and I'm now long out of warranty so I'm wondering if its time to
switch to the more environmentally friendly Propylene. I also think that using
the easy to dispose propylene would encourage me to change more frequently.

Secondly, if I do change, do I have to flush out all of the old, or is it
sufficient to just drain it?

TIA, Jeff

Antifreeze leak and boat leak Ree-Yees General 8 July 27th 04 12:18 AM
Q for Peggie re type I MSD and holding tanks Sven General 1 December 1st 03 05:47 AM
Diluting RV Antifreeze Eric G. General 3 October 18th 03 03:09 PM
Winterize - Antifreeze werlax General 9 October 13th 03 06:32 PM
Boat trailer bearings: Oil vs Grease, which type is best? CaptainGo General 5 October 9th 03 02:54 PM