Default NOAA Downloadable Raster (BSB) Charts back

Where would one find such software?

STFW, perhaps?

cavelamb himself wrote in
m:

Dumb question time?
What are the ENC charts?

It's an archaic old line drawing format used 30 years ago for drafting,
which every time I communicate with NOAA seems about the bleeding edge
technology of the staff.

There's an ENC viewer available from the website. I think it has been
updated to operate in the basic Windows environment, but maybe not Vista
which BillyDOS changed to try to force people to buy new software.

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message

claus wrote:

NOAA's Raster Charts (BSB) are (finally) available again - the free
downloads are he

http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/ChartSer...x.jsp?type=BSB

Somebody is home there, but the lights aren't on.

404 error on the raster scan charts.

Remove index.html and use
http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/Raster/ instead.

This will yield an info page where you can click the download RNC link
which will get you this:
http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/m..._agreement.htm

When you accept the terms you will then be treated to this:
http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/ChartSer...x.jsp?type=BSB

Then you will get this - a blank gray page unless you install the Java
Runtime enviroment that is linked he
http://java.sun.com/products/archive/index.html

and on it goes. A typical government runaround....

Wilbur Hubbard

By the way, I forgot to say thank you for straightening out the link.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)

Raster charts now free Roger Long Cruising 28 December 24th 06 02:25 PM
NOAA raster charts JohnH General 0 February 12th 06 02:44 PM
Free downloads of official NOAA raster charts [email protected] General 0 January 13th 06 04:46 AM
US Water BSB charts now free (NOAA RNCs) John Electronics 0 December 19th 05 03:46 PM
Copying or Scanning NOAA charts. Steve Cruising 6 January 17th 04 04:54 AM