Default North Cove saved by a Democrat

After years of no action, and little help, from the Republican
congressman for their district, the people of Old Saybrook went to
their new Democratic party Congressman, Joe Courtney and finally got
their overdue funding for dredging of the North Cove.

http://www.courant.com/community/new...,6037602.story

On 20 Sep 2008 16:57:07 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 17:45:16 -0400, said:

Guess you haven't been following this for as long as I have, so you're
swallowing some journalist's effort to rewrite history.

Previous funding was approved through the efforts of Republican rep Bob
Simmons and that great favorite of Democrats, Sen. Joe Lieberman. When
Simmons lost the election serious doubts were expressed about whether he
would back the project as vigorously as Simmons had.

The last time around Old Saybrook graciously agreed to let its funding be
used to dredge the Norwalk harbor.

Nice fantasy, Dave. But almost none of it true.

As I say, you have apparently not been following this story for very long. I
have, since I have a definite interest in the topic. Virtually everything I
said can be found by anyone who wishes to look in news reports dating back
several years.

In other words, you can't produce these alleged news reports.
Meanwhile, I LIVE here, and I ran some of the newspapers in this area
for many years, including two dailies that cover Old Saybrook. You
live in NYC, where most have never heard of North Cove.

Funding for that project was approved several times, but the money
never showed up. Joe Courtney, Democrat, was the one who finally got
the actual money to do the job. The Republicans did a lot of talking,
and grandstanding, but never got the actual job done. They learn that
routine in Republican Kindergarten.

Cedar strip technique, cove up or cove down? [email protected] Boat Building 2 November 6th 05 06:15 AM
Social Security Saved! Bob Crantz ASA 0 March 17th 05 09:56 PM
Hey, our guys saved a Texan Bart Senior ASA 4 June 25th 04 06:19 PM
81.5% of my reading time saved.... Gene Kearns General 3 November 13th 03 12:37 AM