[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default North Cove saved by a Democrat

On 20 Sep 2008 20:33:04 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:51:47 -0400, said:

In other words, you can't produce these alleged news reports.
Meanwhile, I LIVE here, and I ran some of the newspapers in this area
for many years, including two dailies that cover Old Saybrook. You
live in NYC, where most have never heard of North Cove.

I'm happy that the project is finally going to be done (though only on a
partial basis), regardless of whether the current earmark that will fund it
was obtained by a Dem or a Republican.

The project was always promised, but never delived by Republicans. Joe
Courtney, Democrat, got it done in his first term. Your boy Rob
Simmons couldn't get the money. Hard to say if he even truly tried.
Saybrook certainly did not "graciously" defer their project for
Norwalk. They were not asked for an opinion. Simmons and company were
unable to prevent it.