Default Hurricane Ike pics from Kemah, Tx

From my Morgan list:

http://imageevent.com/deanaj/hurricaneike

It's truly horrible - all those dreams.. I wonder how many were
'self-insured'?

--
Molesworth

--
http://www.stcustards.free-online.co.uk/

"Molesworth" wrote in message
From my Morgan list:

http://imageevent.com/deanaj/hurricaneike

It's truly horrible - all those dreams.. I wonder how many were
'self-insured'?

--
Molesworth

--
http://www.stcustards.free-online.co.uk/

This one looks fine, except for the lack of water. Talk about running
aground.

http://imageevent.com/deanaj/hurrica...=0&w=1&s=0&z=2

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Many of those pictures are very close to where Joe and Terry kept "Redcloud"
and were living. I think he said in an email that they were renting a
waterfront apartment. I wonder where the coffee is.

I hope they are doing OK and will be able to get back to business. I was
just about to order more and the stuff I'm drinking now doesn't begin to
compare despite being billed as expensive gourmet beans.

--
Roger Long

"Capt. JG" wrote
This one looks fine, except for the lack of water. Talk about running
aground.

http://imageevent.com/deanaj/hurrica...=0&w=1&s=0&z=2

That one caught my eye, too. I wonder how one recovers from such a
predicament?

"Ernest Scribbler" wrote

That one caught my eye, too. I wonder how one recovers from such a
predicament?

Easy in normal circumstances. But, what to you expect the waiting time is
for cranes and boat haulers in TX right now?

--
Roger Long

Capt. JG wrote:
"Molesworth" wrote in message
From my Morgan list:

http://imageevent.com/deanaj/hurricaneike

It's truly horrible - all those dreams.. I wonder how many were
'self-insured'?

--
Molesworth

--
http://www.stcustards.free-online.co.uk/

This one looks fine, except for the lack of water. Talk about running
aground.

http://imageevent.com/deanaj/hurrica...=0&w=1&s=0&z=2

I don't know about this boat, but sometimes a boat coming out of
hurricanes are structurally damaged, causing the insurance companies to
write them off as a total loss.

When the hurricane came through Wilmington N.C. in the late 1990's,
there was a field of boats that had been total by the insurance
companies. Some looked perfectly respectable and visually you wonder
why they were there, others it was obvious.

"Ernest Scribbler" wrote in message
et...
"Capt. JG" wrote
This one looks fine, except for the lack of water. Talk about running
aground.

http://imageevent.com/deanaj/hurrica...=0&w=1&s=0&z=2

That one caught my eye, too. I wonder how one recovers from such a
predicament?

Wait for the next flood? I guess that's not that funny, given the
circumstances.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Roger Long" wrote
Easy in normal circumstances. But, what to you expect the waiting time is
for cranes and boat haulers in TX right now?

I would guess the crane business is booming...
I see cranes on barges here on the river from time to time. Is that the sort
of thing that would be used in that particular case?

"Molesworth" wrote in message
: From my Morgan list:
:
: http://imageevent.com/deanaj/hurricaneike
:
: It's truly horrible - all those dreams.. I wonder how many were
: 'self-insured'?
:
: --
: Molesworth
:
: --
: http://www.stcustards.free-online.co.uk/

I don't feel the least bit sorry for any of them. They had more than a week
to get their boats hauled and moved out of harm's way and plenty enough time
to sail them out of harm's way yet they chose to do nothing.

They deserve what they got! I've been through a dozen or more hurricanes
since 1987 as strong or stronger than Ike and my fine bluewater yacht never
suffered any damage mainly because I never kept it at a dock and I always
moved it out of harms way under sail to safety well before the storm on a
direct approach approached. All it takes is two or three good hurricane
holes in which to hide in different directions and a willingness to go
there, tie up securely and ride out the fringes of the storm. You've got to
keep out of the path of the core and you'll do just fine. You can weather a
lot in your home harbor but you need to have a secure mooring well away from
marinas where all sorts of dockage and boat wreckage will end up wrecking
your boat. You've got to use your head. You've got to care. You can't look
at your boat as a throwaway.

But, the lubbers and lazy lobs who inhabit marinas don't really care enough
about their boats to take the necessary action to keep them safe. They are
mostly expendable so why feel sorry for them when they get destroyed because
they aren't properly looked after? These people got just what they asked
for.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:39:30 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Molesworth" wrote in message
: From my Morgan list:
:
: http://imageevent.com/deanaj/hurricaneike
:
: It's truly horrible - all those dreams.. I wonder how many were
: 'self-insured'?
:
: --
: Molesworth
:
: --
: http://www.stcustards.free-online.co.uk/

I don't feel the least bit sorry for any of them. They had more than a week
to get their boats hauled and moved out of harm's way

Hauled to where?

Hey Jim, check it out : Earthrace boat in Kemah Joe ASA 22 December 18th 06 07:17 PM
A look at a hurricane DSK ASA 0 December 8th 05 04:22 PM
Some Wilma Hurricane Pics lifted from a Boating Forum *JimH* General 2 October 29th 05 01:27 AM
New Lamorinda Skate Park Pics. Moraga,Ca Pics. Skate Park Moraga Ca 94556 Whitewater 0 January 12th 04 03:05 AM
The Hurricane Scout ASA 0 September 20th 03 10:35 PM