Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Rod McInnis

Default Honda 5hp (BF5/BF5A) Outboard Cooling Question

"Heather Wilson" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

Should the indicator port stream water at all rpms? Does the steam
indicate a cooling system problem?

It has on any outboard I have ever owned.

It sounds to me like you still have a problem with the impeller. You don't
run the motor dry, do you? That will destroy the impeller really fast. The
symptom that you describe would indicate a partially destroyed impeller,
which would be unusual if it was always operated wet but could easily happen
if you ran the motor dry while flushing it.

Rod McInnis