Default Weather report from Maine

I don't say "Maine Weather" because this isn't Maine weather at all. I
look at the radar animation this morning and it shows the heavy rain just
circling directly above us like a boot heel grinding on our hopes. Poor
Skip and Lydia. Seldom in the course of human nautical events have so few
sailed so far for so little. The long range forecasts show the same weather
we've had for the last 40 days and 40 nights continuing out as far as the
models can see. The best it seems we can hope for now is for one of those
two tropical disturbances out in the Atlantic to turn into something and
break the monotony with stronger winds and even more rain.

We're leaving Thursday morning for a 10 day cruise. There's the promise of
a few hours of sun on Saturday and then back to the steady drizzle and
showers. I'm starting to get phone and email inquires for 150 x 50 cubic
wooden hulls with provisions for hundreds of animal pens and loading ramps
that will accomodate up to two elephants side by side. I'll answer them
when I get back if the water hasn't gotten up to the office floor yet.

--
Roger Long

On Aug 12, 10:22*am, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:17:46 -0400, "Roger Long"
said:

I'm starting to get phone and email inquires for 150 x 50 cubic
wooden hulls with provisions for hundreds of animal pens and loading ramps
that will accomodate up to two elephants side by side.

LOL. Good one, Roger.

That would be "cubits" and a span, Noah !

said:

I'm starting to get phone and email inquires for 150 x 50 cubic
wooden hulls with provisions for hundreds of animal pens and loading ramps
that will accomodate up to two elephants side by side.

LOL. Good one, Roger.

I'm surprised you didn't correct him on "cubit"

Reminds me of that great cartoon, "New Yorker", I think.

Woman standing in the doorway dressed alluringly for bed. Man at computer
looking frantic:

"I can't come to bed yet Honey, somebody's wrong on the Internet!"

--
Roger Long

said:

I'm starting to get phone and email inquires for 150 x 50 cubic
wooden hulls with provisions for hundreds of animal pens and loading ramps
that will accomodate up to two elephants side by side.

LOL. Good one, Roger.

That totally cracked me up. Nearly spilled my java.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Reminds me of that great cartoon, "New Yorker", I think.

Woman standing in the doorway dressed alluringly for bed. Man at computer
looking frantic:

"I can't come to bed yet Honey, somebody's wrong on the Internet!"

--
Roger Long

Like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dlORCJoGo

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Reminds me of that great cartoon, "New Yorker", I think.

Woman standing in the doorway dressed alluringly for bed. Man at
computer looking frantic:

"I can't come to bed yet Honey, somebody's wrong on the Internet!"

--
Roger Long

Like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dlORCJoGo

HA HA HA! Fantastic! Thanks....(c;

His presentation looked like a resounding success!

"Roger Long" wrote in message
[...]

I hear you! Now we have the farmers crying about flooded fields and looking
for the province to bail them out.
Hopefuly the weather pattern is changing. Tourism is down in the province
except for the Halifax area.
Right now the Buskers Festival and the cruise ship trade keep packing them
in. You can't get a room or rental vehicle in the city.
Funny... American drive-in traffic is down but Canadian and European traffic
is up.

Bob Bob is offline

On Aug 12, 5:17*am, "Roger Long" wrote:
[...]

Hey Roger Im at N45 on the Left side of this country and the weather
is BEAUTIFUL ! uhh, if dont mid "patchy fog" which really means 100
yards going for miles.....

PZZ255-275-132230- COASTAL WATERS FROM CASCADE HEAD TO FLORENCE OR OUT
20 NM- WATERS FROM CASCADE HEAD TO FLORENCE OR FROM 20 TO 60 NM- 844
AM PDT

WED AUG 13 2008 ...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR WINDS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM
PDT THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE TONIGHT... .

TODAY...N WIND 10 TO 15 KT...RISING TO 15 TO 20 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON...WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT...BUILDING TO 4 FT IN
THE AFTERNOON. W SWELL 5 FT AT 9 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG LATE IN THE
MORNING. .TONIGHT...N WIND 20 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 5 FT. W SWELL 4 FT
AT 9 SECONDS. .THU...N WIND 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO 30 KT. WIND
WAVES 5 FT. W SWELL 4 FT AT 8 SECONDS. .

THU NIGHT...N WIND 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 5 FT. W
SWELL 7 FT. .FRI...N WIND 20 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 5 FT. W SWELL 8
FT. .FRI NIGHT...N WIND 20 TO 25 KT...EASING TO 15 TO 20 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 4 FT. NW SWELL 7 FT. .SAT...N WIND 15 TO 20 KT
WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 4 FT. NW SWELL 8 FT. .SUN...N WIND 15
TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 4 FT. W SWELL 8 FT.

ABsolutly perfect sailing conditions ! Ya even get to practice your
Restricted Visibility SOund Signals what else could ya ask
for??!?!? Tell S&L to cruise over here it beautiful.......

Bob

Weather report... Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 20 July 1st 08 06:31 PM
Monday Sail Report...a perfect weather day! Capt. Rob ASA 80 September 8th 07 12:07 PM
Weather report Gordon Cruising 9 December 13th 06 11:02 PM
Gulf Weather Report Joe ASA 4 November 8th 05 01:57 AM
Maine Cruise Trip Report Michael ASA 3 July 18th 04 04:13 AM