Default Weather report

This AM off the Washington coast

wind S 45 to 60 kt Wind waves 10 to 14 ft W swell building to 24 ft
with 14 sec interval Rain

Now is the time to try those 40 footers!!! I'd go but I have a
previous appointment! ;()
Bob Bob is offline

Gordon wrote:
This AM off the Washington coast

wind S 45 to 60 kt Wind waves 10 to 14 ft W swell building to 24 ft
with 14 sec interval Rain

Now is the time to try those 40 footers!!! I'd go but I have a
previous appointment! ;()

And this is the reason why:

http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/shtml/P_24hrbw.gi

I'll have to turn NPR up a few notches tonight. Might get noisy

Bob Bob is offline

Bob wrote:
Gordon wrote:

And this is the reason why:

Rats cut the end off of the address.

Lets try it again.....................

http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/shtml/P_24hrbw.gif

Bob wrote:
Bob wrote:
Gordon wrote:

And this is the reason why:

Rats cut the end off of the address.

Lets try it again.....................

http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/shtml/P_24hrbw.gif

Wow . . . that little rascal is wrapped up tight!

Good day to stay in . . . maybe work on the boat *S*, at least until
the wind and rain hit.

John

Bob inscribed in red ink for all to know:
Gordon wrote:

This AM off the Washington coast

wind S 45 to 60 kt Wind waves 10 to 14 ft W swell building to 24 ft
with 14 sec interval Rain

Now is the time to try those 40 footers!!! I'd go but I have a
previous appointment! ;()

And this is the reason why:

http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/shtml/P_24hrbw.gi

I'll have to turn NPR up a few notches tonight. Might get noisy

Sure was a lumpy night at Shilshole last nite - got up at 12:30 and did
some dock line rearrangement...

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

Bob Bob is offline

Default Weather report/ Question for RW S

RW Salnick wrote:
Sure was a lumpy night at Shilshole last nite - got up at 12:30 and did
some dock line rearrangement...

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

Hi:

How do you like Shilshole? I walked a couple docks there last year. Was
considering a part time livaboard. What attracted me was 1) close to
Ballard and 2) no bridge noise like the other places. Although a long
stagger from the Sloop Tav. Whats your take?
Bob

Gordon wrote in
:

This AM off the Washington coast

wind S 45 to 60 kt Wind waves 10 to 14 ft W swell building to 24 ft
with 14 sec interval Rain

Now is the time to try those 40 footers!!! I'd go but I have a
previous appointment! ;()

Wow! We took "Stray Dog", formerly "Claire's Navie", a buddy's Endeavour
35 to a haulout for survey from his buyer this afternoon before the tide
through Wappoo Cut and Elliott's Cut here in Charleston started ripping
against us. Temp was low 70's on the ICW, no clouds at all until late when
some kind of black haze was seen N of Charleston that didn't make it to the
marinas in the harbor. Wind was N about 8 knots because it was reading 2
when we were motoring the Endeavour S of town.

There was a panic emptying of the boat into their car, when we docked
there. My task was to haul about 40 gallons of booze carefully up the
dock, a task I take MOST seriously! Some of the best rum seemed to
evaporate by the time we got home. Must have been aliens (hic)...(c;

This might have been our final little boat trip on the ol girl. I sure had
a lotta fun sailing her between Charleston and points South over the past
10 years. Before turning away from her at the dock, Joe and I stood in
silent tribute thinking of the grand times and great parties she'd seen.
Various captains married me to some honey or other, whos names escape me,
twice on that boat. Geez, she'll soon be gone to someone we don't even
know!....(d^

Larry
--
One of the dock divers told me it wasn't any warmer in the water,
yet....today.

Now we're gonna have to drink all that booze I brought up the dock at the
Hoppin' John New Years Eve Bash because The Princess said it looked too bad
to take aboard the new boat!....hee hee.

RW Salnick wrote:

Sure was a lumpy night at Shilshole last nite - got up at 12:30 and did
some dock line rearrangement...

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

Hi:

How do you like Shilshole? I walked a couple docks there last year. Was
considering a part time livaboard. What attracted me was 1) close to
Ballard and 2) no bridge noise like the other places. Although a long
stagger from the Sloop Tav. Whats your take?
Bob

Well, its all torn up right now, so that's a real problem - especially
parking. But hopefully that will resolve itself in time. We are out at
the end of G dock, where it is really quiet, except for the sea life, of
course. I like the easy access to salt-water cruising - for example,
Port Madison is a little over an hour away - no bridges to open, no
locks to stand in line for.

Shilshole is less protected than the inland marinas. Out at the end of
G dock, we are 1/10 of a mile from shore - essentially out in the Sound.

The docks are high quality (or soon will be). However, the new marina
plan will have more limited laundry facilities, if that is important to you.

The #46 bus runs from the University District all the way out to Golden
Gardens - I ride the bus to work. As an alternative, if you can get to
the locks, the #44 runs every 15 minutes to 30 minutes (depending on
time of day). And you're right - now that Charlies is gone, you have to
stagger all the way from The Sloop...

Oh yeah - good boat yard right on the premises (Seaview West).

Not sure what else to say... what would you like to hear?

bob

s/v Eolian
Seattle
Bob Bob is offline

Goodmorning RW:

Thanks for the speedy reply. Sounds like no serious problems at
Shilshole. Thats good to hear.

My main concern was how everyone treated the livaboards. I went into
the office and ervy things seemed squared away. Just wondering if the
office was erasonable or ruled with an iron fist?

Showers and laundry are very important. I can drag a duffle bag around
on a bus but gota have warm clean showers.

Any problem with car breakins in the parking lot?

So do you work at the U or just over in that direction?

Thanks,
Another Bob

Bob inscribed in red ink for all to know:

Goodmorning RW:

Thanks for the speedy reply. Sounds like no serious problems at
Shilshole. Thats good to hear.

My main concern was how everyone treated the livaboards. I went into
the office and ervy things seemed squared away. Just wondering if the
office was erasonable or ruled with an iron fist?

Showers and laundry are very important. I can drag a duffle bag around
on a bus but gota have warm clean showers.

Any problem with car breakins in the parking lot?

So do you work at the U or just over in that direction?

Thanks,
Another Bob

why don't you give me a call and we can talk about it... my number is at
the bottom of this page: http://staff.washington.edu/bsalnick/

Gulf Weather Report Joe ASA 4 November 8th 05 01:57 AM
Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM