RW Salnick RW Salnick is offline

Default Weather report/ Question for RW S

Bob inscribed in red ink for all to know:
RW Salnick wrote:

Sure was a lumpy night at Shilshole last nite - got up at 12:30 and did
some dock line rearrangement...

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

Hi:

How do you like Shilshole? I walked a couple docks there last year. Was
considering a part time livaboard. What attracted me was 1) close to
Ballard and 2) no bridge noise like the other places. Although a long
stagger from the Sloop Tav. Whats your take?
Bob

Well, its all torn up right now, so that's a real problem - especially
parking. But hopefully that will resolve itself in time. We are out at
the end of G dock, where it is really quiet, except for the sea life, of
course. I like the easy access to salt-water cruising - for example,
Port Madison is a little over an hour away - no bridges to open, no
locks to stand in line for.

Shilshole is less protected than the inland marinas. Out at the end of
G dock, we are 1/10 of a mile from shore - essentially out in the Sound.

The docks are high quality (or soon will be). However, the new marina
plan will have more limited laundry facilities, if that is important to you.

The #46 bus runs from the University District all the way out to Golden
Gardens - I ride the bus to work. As an alternative, if you can get to
the locks, the #44 runs every 15 minutes to 30 minutes (depending on
time of day). And you're right - now that Charlies is gone, you have to
stagger all the way from The Sloop...

Oh yeah - good boat yard right on the premises (Seaview West).

Not sure what else to say... what would you like to hear?

bob

s/v Eolian
Seattle