Larry Larry is offline

Default Weather report

Gordon wrote in
:

This AM off the Washington coast

wind S 45 to 60 kt Wind waves 10 to 14 ft W swell building to 24 ft
with 14 sec interval Rain

Now is the time to try those 40 footers!!! I'd go but I have a
previous appointment! ;()

Wow! We took "Stray Dog", formerly "Claire's Navie", a buddy's Endeavour
35 to a haulout for survey from his buyer this afternoon before the tide
through Wappoo Cut and Elliott's Cut here in Charleston started ripping
against us. Temp was low 70's on the ICW, no clouds at all until late when
some kind of black haze was seen N of Charleston that didn't make it to the
marinas in the harbor. Wind was N about 8 knots because it was reading 2
when we were motoring the Endeavour S of town.

There was a panic emptying of the boat into their car, when we docked
there. My task was to haul about 40 gallons of booze carefully up the
dock, a task I take MOST seriously! Some of the best rum seemed to
evaporate by the time we got home. Must have been aliens (hic)...(c;

This might have been our final little boat trip on the ol girl. I sure had
a lotta fun sailing her between Charleston and points South over the past
10 years. Before turning away from her at the dock, Joe and I stood in
silent tribute thinking of the grand times and great parties she'd seen.
Various captains married me to some honey or other, whos names escape me,
twice on that boat. Geez, she'll soon be gone to someone we don't even
know!....(d^

Larry
--
One of the dock divers told me it wasn't any warmer in the water,
yet....today.

Now we're gonna have to drink all that booze I brought up the dock at the
Hoppin' John New Years Eve Bash because The Princess said it looked too bad
to take aboard the new boat!....hee hee.