Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Weather report from Maine

I don't say "Maine Weather" because this isn't Maine weather at all. I
look at the radar animation this morning and it shows the heavy rain just
circling directly above us like a boot heel grinding on our hopes. Poor
Skip and Lydia. Seldom in the course of human nautical events have so few
sailed so far for so little. The long range forecasts show the same weather
we've had for the last 40 days and 40 nights continuing out as far as the
models can see. The best it seems we can hope for now is for one of those
two tropical disturbances out in the Atlantic to turn into something and
break the monotony with stronger winds and even more rain.

We're leaving Thursday morning for a 10 day cruise. There's the promise of
a few hours of sun on Saturday and then back to the steady drizzle and
showers. I'm starting to get phone and email inquires for 150 x 50 cubic
wooden hulls with provisions for hundreds of animal pens and loading ramps
that will accomodate up to two elephants side by side. I'll answer them
when I get back if the water hasn't gotten up to the office floor yet.

--
Roger Long