Keith

Default Canadian holding tank supply

Ronco made mine with two dip tubes, one for the deck pumpout and the other
for the diapharagm pump, so I don't need a Y valve. Very happy with their
tank and fittings. All were installed on the top of the tank.

--

Keith
__
"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
TB wrote:
I checked the ronco site and they have a tank the size I need but they
do not appear to have the option of a top discharge, that is with an
internal pipe from a top fitting to the bottom of the tank. I don't like
the idea of a bottom discharge.

They'll install any fittings you specify, in any location you specify,
including a discharge on the top with a pickup tube inside to the bottom.

If the tank is going in a sailboat, I recommend that you put ALL the
fittings ON the top, with both the vent and the inlet from the toilet
away from the hull, toward the centerline of the boat. That will prevent
waste in the tank from flowing into the vent line and the head discharge
hose when you're heeled, no matter which tack you're on.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Keith

BTW, Phillips makes a nice 110V bulb coated with Teflon, so that if it
breaks, glass doesn't fly everywhere. I use them in the shop light in the
engine room.

--

Keith
__
"TB" wrote in message ...
Nothing fancy, just a switched bare bulb.

Scott Vernon wrote:

Sounds like a good idea. What did you use for the light?

--
Scott Vernon
S/V Lisa Marie

"TB" wrote in message

I installed a backlight for the present tank, this shows the level

clearly.

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 11:55:20 +0000, TB wrote:

Anyone know of a supplier of good holding tanks prefferably in the

Toronto area.

I just deliberated over which tank to purchase from the website if

Sherlon

plastics in Cambridge only to find that they no longer supply them.

HMP

Toronto

have them in their catalogue but non are suitable.
Tony

BTW: You might want to check the Canadian regulations on holding tanks:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/acts-regulations.../090/csa091/cs
a91.html

http://www.ccg-gcc.gc.ca/obs-bsn/reg...pendix_c_e.htm

Note in particular that you NEED a means of determining the level in

the

tank,

and a flame-arrestor on the vent tube.

Lloyd