Default Sail track lubricator

Someone asked here quite a while ago about a sail track lubricator that
could be sent up and down the mast to spray dry lube into the track. I
found myself in need of such a device so I built one.

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/TrackLube.htm

Took about 15 minutes to make and worked perfectly. Sail now zips up and
down freely again.

--
Roger Long

In article ,
"Roger Long" wrote:

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/TrackLube.htm

Nifty, Roger!

In article , Roger Long wrote:
Someone asked here quite a while ago about a sail track lubricator that
could be sent up and down the mast to spray dry lube into the track. I
found myself in need of such a device so I built one.

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/TrackLube.htm

Took about 15 minutes to make and worked perfectly. Sail now zips up and
down freely again.

I think you should have sent this to a good patent lawyer instead of
sending it here!

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 19:04:48 -0000, Justin C
wrote:

I think you should have sent this to a good patent lawyer instead of
sending it here!

You are grossly underestimating the cost of getting a patent, as well
as groosly overestimating the market. Also, a patent is just a license
to sue, it's not like an insurance policy.

Casady

wrote:
I think you should have sent this to a good patent lawyer instead of
sending it here!

You are grossly underestimating the cost of getting a patent, as well
as groosly overestimating the market. Also, a patent is just a license
to sue, it's not like an insurance policy.

Casady

Rough cost of getting a patent, $10,000. I know, I have several and
know to only patent stuff strategically. That is, patent what will
eventually bring you enough revenue to offset the cost.
However, if you combined that rig with some sort of solid lubricant,
like a wax/lubricant stick that lasted far longer than the spray
can...........I might be interested. With my luck, the little spray
tube would fall off halfway up and go in the water. It is a good idea.

The spray tube goes through a tight fitting hole in the aluminum flat bar to
help keep it from popping off.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in news:g6vgho$pc0$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/TrackLube.htm

I hope, for your sake, that's "marine grade" duct tape or you'll be the
laughing stock of the whole marina....(c;

Neat rig. Hard to hide a true engineer when he's got an idea....

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:18:54 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Someone asked here quite a while ago about a sail track lubricator that
could be sent up and down the mast to spray dry lube into the track. I
found myself in need of such a device so I built one.

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/TrackLube.htm

Took about 15 minutes to make and worked perfectly. Sail now zips up and
down freely again.

My version has a small rocket and parachute.

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Someone asked here quite a while ago about a sail track lubricator that
could be sent up and down the mast to spray dry lube into the track. I
found myself in need of such a device so I built one.

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/TrackLube.htm

Took about 15 minutes to make and worked perfectly. Sail now zips up and
down freely again.

--
Roger Long

==

Captain Roger .. another good one..

I use WD40 .. spray and pull .. seems to be working ..

Wonder if the weather in "our" neck of the coast is ever going to improve.

Big thunder, rain today...

Heading off to Malaga, Sebasco, Boothbay, tomorrow/Monday..

WD-40 has a reaction with salt water that makes a sticky mess. You may get
away with it up in the rig on a coastal boat where it's mostly rained on.
McLube seems to be the best. It's probably something common repackaged and
repriced but I havent' figured out what yet and it isn't expensive enough to
worry about.

--
Roger Long

sail track cleaner Red Cruising 12 January 28th 08 11:54 AM
Sail Track and Slide, any comments Cruising 8 April 20th 07 12:40 AM
opinions on TidesMarine Sail Track and Slide System Gordon Wedman Cruising 0 August 30th 06 09:57 PM
Sail track cleat EJHeller General 2 November 20th 03 07:20 PM
Help w/Track Location Dennis Vogel ASA 5 November 17th 03 11:42 PM