Default Advice on refridgeration unit please

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:27:57 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Not necessarily Bruce. Does a foreigner have to instruct you in the
history of your nation?

The Indians sold it to the Dutch who later passed it on to the
English. Don't blame the poor Indians but the Dutch. If they had
retained it, it would be now effectively governed by EU regulations
and the pollution problem would be lessened. Look at Curacao (still
Dutch) - being so close to the cocaine of Colombia and Venezuela, they
have adopted a zero tolerance approach to drugs and a good
environmental policy. Result, probably better at present than in
Manhattan.

cheers

Peter

EU regulations? You should be so lucky. From all I read about their
boat regulations I'll just stay right here.

"Better then in Manhattan" Are they killing the dealers like they do
in Malaysia & Singapore? At least it keeps the prisons from getting
congested.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Capital punishment is not part of the EU though I would probably
prefer a Dutch prison than an Asian one. In Malaysia now, foreigners
get the same treatment as everyone else. No soft mattress and no
specially prepared western food like they used to. It's rice and bare
boards for you my boy now.

Regardless, the USA has the highest per capita prison population in
the world and it does not seem to have slowed the growth of drug
importation one bit. If the demand is there, someone will supply. I
don't know if execution is any answer but I do know that when the
dealers and smugglers are caught is SEA they are absolutely terrified
of the prospect of the certain death that awaits them. You can see it
in their eyes.

If I am ever tempted to smuggle, all I would need to remember is those
faces. Cold shiver territory.

Peter

"Herodotus" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:42:36 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:19:52 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

Since here in Thailand, and probably all over the third world, they
are happily using R-12, and dumping it to atmosphere it probably goes
to prove that the Americans were responsible.

Not to mention the extensive air pollution controls on all those
thousands
of 2-stroke little trucks running old motor oil at 15:1 premix....

It's those damned Americans....every time. They love to be blamed.

So, we should just go for it? Just because someone else is doing
something
wrong does not give us license to do something wrong.

Then what are you doing in Iraq?

Sorry the temptation overcame me.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Bruce,

I would have liked to have said that but was mortally afraid of a
tirade of accusations of anti-Americanism and "You hate us don't you"
and "You are jealous and angry that you can't live here" - so I
refrained from commenting.

Peter

Why are you afraid? You don't have to be unless you disagree with the Bush
Administration. And, only about 70% here in the US have to be afraid.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I would have liked to have said that but was mortally afraid of a
tirade of accusations of anti-Americanism and "You hate us don't you"
and "You are jealous and angry that you can't live here" - so I
refrained from commenting.

Peter

Why are you afraid? You don't have to be unless you disagree with the Bush
Administration. And, only about 70% here in the US have to be afraid.

Not really afraid JC. I just remember some slight comment I posted a
couple of year's back - I think it was a genuine comment I made about
a mass shooting in the States and what I considered far too easy
access to firearms. I really got flamed with the above comments and
more. Everybody's friend, he of the short member, really got into his
stride. Rather pathetically really. I guess it's very easy to a hawk
when you haven't any chance of being on the receiving end of a gun.
The comments didn't upset me, but were an interesting reaction.

cheers
Peter

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:44:34 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 09:42:41 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:19:52 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
3...
Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

Since here in Thailand, and probably all over the third world, they
are happily using R-12, and dumping it to atmosphere it probably goes
to prove that the Americans were responsible.

Not to mention the extensive air pollution controls on all those
thousands
of 2-stroke little trucks running old motor oil at 15:1 premix....

It's those damned Americans....every time. They love to be blamed.

So, we should just go for it? Just because someone else is doing something
wrong does not give us license to do something wrong.

Then what are you doing in Iraq?

Sorry the temptation overcame me.

It's a great temptation to lump all Americans with Bu****, so I forgive you!

I find it ironic.. the "surge" is working by driving the terrorists to
Afganistan. If we had gone after them in that place first... sigh, you're
right it's tempting.

I must have missed something.

Have they found oil in Afghanistan?

I for one am interested in the outcome as historically nobody from
outside has managed to completely conquer and rule that country from
Alexander, the British, to the Russians. If you have ever experienced
the tribal nature of most of its citizens you would understand more
the difficulties. Xenophobia is in the genes.

Peter

This is one of the points that really makes me wonder about how
sensible the current U.S. Government is. I, just a guy who reads, with
no mammoth CIA/NSA/Whatever to do my research knew long before even
Iraq I that the country was artificially created and contained several
groups that hated each other and probably was ungovernable by any
other means then brute force (much like Yugoslavia) and once the
strong central government fell there would be chaos. And, surprise,
surprise, I was right.

But, and this is my point, if I could figure this out why couldn't the
whole U.S. Government with their mammoth intelligence gathering and
analyzing capability figure it out?

And if they could figure it out then what are they doing there?

And don't talk about "control of the oil" as that is just B.S. The
existing Iraqi oil fields are all produced by joint ventures with
European companies - Italian and French if memory serves.

Rant OFF

Bruce-in-Bangkok

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:34:45 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:04:51 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 15:44:25 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:55:09 +0000, Larry wrote:

" wrote in news:b2f93b8e-4554-434c-
:

What's the down side?

Oil company profits.....for my president's family.

Careful Larry,

That sounds completely un-American to me.

Be very careful lest you end up in Cuba - ouside of Constitutional
protection.

But I hear it is real cheap and a lot of girls. A spanish speaking
Thailand?

Bruce-in-Bangkok

Perhaps but the part of Cuba I was referring to has barbed wire,
waterboarding and US troops. It's just that I can't spell it. I
suppose they may have semi-naked Cuban women parading outside the
wire. Like waterboarding, it may not be considered torture.

I am following the battery/fridge thread with avidity.

Looking forward to the warmth in a few days. It is damned cold here.
The Pope flies home today so the masses of Catholic pilgrims will be
gone soon and Sydney will be back to normal. No more singing euphoric
youngsters and flags in your face walking two abreast in long lines
down the footpath (sidewalk to the barbarians) and blocking it in
groups at times forcing a detour onto the roadway. We will revert to
the sullen, untrusting and hardened "I'll get you before you get me"
and "I paid for this seat on the bus/train/ferry and I'm not going to
stand up for anyone regardless of age and infirmity" citizenry once
more.

cheers
Peter

Ah, you were talking about the U.S. military base. I knew people who
were stationed there years ago and they liked it very much. Probably
wouldn't like it so well today.

citizens: I know a few Australians from either the N. Territories
or W.A. who were raised in the outback. The nicest, helpful, friendly
folk you ever want to meet. and then there are the ones from sidney
and the other "civilized" places....

Bruce-in-Bangkok

wrote:

[...]

I'm of the conservative "Hang 'um" school of justice but one of the
common arguments made by the tree hugging do gooders is that the death
sentence does not deter crime, and here you are telling me that it
does......

Actually, I was once offered the opportunity to carry a small load of
some sort of recreational chemicals (the discussion never got that far
that WHAT was discussed) from Thailand to Malaysia or Singapore on the
boat. I can honestly say that, at least in my case, it certainly
deterred me :-)

Bruce-in-Bangkok

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:26:30 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

[...]

I've lived outside the U.S. for enough years to view the place
impartially but even I know enough to stay away from some of the
emotional issues. Abortions, Guns, Gas Guzzling autos, etc......

Bruce-in-Bangkok

"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

So, we should just go for it? Just because someone else is doing
something wrong does not give us license to do something wrong.

-

We Americans stopped using R-12, by law, years ago. The ozone hole over
ANTARCTICA on the OTHER end of the planet has gotten LARGER because it's
caused by SOLAR ACTIVITY, not humans who are the most insignificant speck
in the astronomical size of everything else.

I bet of we bring back R-12 (and drop the price from $10/12oz back to
68c/16oz) the ozone hole over Antarctica will go on doing exactly whatit
has been doing for a few million years before Americans were invented to
blame it on.....the natural patsies.

Herodotus wrote in
:

I for one am interested in the outcome as historically nobody from
outside has managed to completely conquer and rule that country from
Alexander, the British, to the Russians. If you have ever experienced
the tribal nature of most of its citizens you would understand more
the difficulties. Xenophobia is in the genes.

I'm also very interested in the Afghans as an anti-technology test market
because it may give us mere mortals some clue as to how to overcome these
amazing odds when the US Illuminati government turns those same weapons
upon the citizens of the USA....say in a Civil War, soon, as Americans
revolt against the North American Union the Illuminati Elite are trying to
shove down our throats.

Afghan freedom fighters may give us the simple tools to overcome the
Illuminati's weapons turned on us back here at home. They've done an
excellent job on all foreign armies, so far.

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:27:22 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Ah, you were talking about the U.S. military base. I knew people who
were stationed there years ago and they liked it very much. Probably
wouldn't like it so well today.

Well, when I stopped there in '66 or so, it went right to the top of
my "Places to Never Visit Again" list. Luckily the Navy cooperated.

--Vic

What GPS Unit? Richard[_2_] Electronics 4 August 27th 07 09:23 PM
don't try to learn a unit Ophelia K. Bischoff ASA 0 April 22nd 05 02:08 PM
steering unit fishnfella Boat Building 2 March 25th 05 02:47 AM
Prop Size - Advice on Advice? Lloyd Sumpter General 8 December 31st 03 03:17 AM