Default Trailerable sailboat question

"Don White" wrote
The way they designed the launch ramps here, even centerboard boats can be
a problem.

Most of the ramps around here are so steep that it's easy to get into a
situation where the boat is hanging off the bow stop. (I have a draft of
about 30" - http://home.comcast.net/~blizzard3/b...es/forsale.jpg )

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:19:26 GMT, Reno wrote:

I trailer sailed a Hobie 16 for a couple of years which is about the same
level of difficulty setting up as a small water ballast boat, maybe the
Hobie is a bit easier but not much diff.

With 2 big experienced guys we had it down to 20 minutes up or down -
fairly fast focussed work, no fooling around. If you are alone it will take
an hour at best.

I sailed a Sunfish. Two minutes each way. A Laser is pretty quick.

Casady

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:19:26 GMT, Reno wrote:

I trailer sailed a Hobie 16 for a couple of years which is about the same
level of difficulty setting up as a small water ballast boat, maybe the
Hobie is a bit easier but not much diff.

With 2 big experienced guys we had it down to 20 minutes up or down -
fairly fast focussed work, no fooling around. If you are alone it will
take
an hour at best.

I sailed a Sunfish. Two minutes each way. A Laser is pretty quick.

Casady

I used to hitchhike home with one when I didn't want to sail back to
weather. Some ditz in a VW bug stopped once. Ummm... no, I don't think
that's going to work.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 2008-07-18 10:05:08 -0400, Larry said:

Just a consideration: Be certain the boat launches you use are steep
enough to support launching a sailboat of any kind. I say this because
most of the launches we have here in northern NH are too shallow unless
you're willing to get wet. I am definitely not trying to discourage
you, just suggesting that you check; otherwise a centerboard affair may
work much better.

You mean launching/retrieving is not an excuse to rinse off the
undercarriage of the car? We drew 12", though the trailer raised it a
bit.

--
Jere Lull