Default Peggy Hall question

I have been reading through all the head options but just got back from an
extended trip so we may have missed a few recommendations.

We removed an "ancient" head at the end of the season and need to get going
on a replacement. We own a cruiser docked on Lake Michigan. We plan to do
some extended cruising in the great lakes this year.

Do you have a suggestion on non-manual replacement? Currently, there is no
holding tank in the bilges so we'll need to add one(any suggestions as to
size -- we have plenty of bilge space)? We also have pressurized fresh water
available in the head space. We'll have someone install what we need and our
budget (not including installation costs) is $2k max.

Thank you.

On Thu, 01 Apr 8:12am CST, teleq wrote:
just got back from an
extended trip so we may have missed a few recommendations.

She left yesterday for a week with maybe no internet connection. So
for people with head problems, her last message in another group said
something like "Just hold it 'till I get back" ... or ... something
similar to that. (note: I've been known to mangle the meaning of a
message or two ;-)
but she should be back in about a week.
Rick

Keith

Peggie would probably recommend the Raritan Alantes. As for the tank, try
Ronco Plastics and get the biggest one you can fit!
http://www.ronco-plastics.com/. Have them fit a 1" vent fitting, and have
all the penetrations go through the top if possible. I have two pumpout
fittings with dip tubes that go to about 1/2" of the bottom. One goes to the
deck pumpout and the other to the Sealand T series diapharagm pump. That way
you don't need a Y valve. I'd suggest using nothing but Sealand Odorsafe
hose.

--

Keith
__
" wrote in message
I have been reading through all the head options but just got back from an
extended trip so we may have missed a few recommendations.

We removed an "ancient" head at the end of the season and need to get

going
on a replacement. We own a cruiser docked on Lake Michigan. We plan to do
some extended cruising in the great lakes this year.

Do you have a suggestion on non-manual replacement? Currently, there is no
holding tank in the bilges so we'll need to add one(any suggestions as to
size -- we have plenty of bilge space)? We also have pressurized fresh

water
available in the head space. We'll have someone install what we need and

our
budget (not including installation costs) is $2k max.

Thank you.

Rick & Linda Bernard

Ok guys and gals what about lavac heads?

" wrote in message
[...]

Peggy Hall - Best head available? Sparkslaw General 13 March 20th 04 07:20 PM
Peggy Hall Jim Donohue General 3 January 23rd 04 12:39 AM
Question for Peggy Hall Peggie Hall Cruising 10 January 5th 04 06:39 PM